View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning all, had an early morning here, daughter went to the Next sale for 6am and then the little ones got up so they were in the bath at 6:15 though the youngest slept till 8:30 since 8pm last night.

So I've had a lovely morning 'colouring in' - I always get a colouring book and pencils for Christmas off hubby

Having a relaxing day today, kids are staying till late afternoon then me and hubby will decide whether to collapse in a heap or go to a party at his brothers.

Hope all are well and enjoy a good day and Jenny I hope Pepsi is soon feeling better.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I do hope Jenny is OK and her OH's precious cars do not get flooded - the news from Gatwick airport sounds unbelievable.

I thought that I had had an early night but I woz wrong and then Da Booga wanted out but I di not remember what time as I think I let her out in my sleep - then I ended up far too hot so hadda fight wiv de onesie to get it off an' Da Booga kept muttering that I was kicking her in the process.

I have a mad craving for something sweet which is really not me as I do not normally like anything sweet, so am going to see if I can find someone to help me get Xanadu over the road and then back again but am not sure as they have blocked off the road again.

Oh happy days - it ain't 'arf wunnerful when I can laugh at all the disasters, and the sun is shining so what have I got to complain about?
Meg
Supervisor

26-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Glad you're still there Meg and not been swept away, mind you it is the South and South East that seem to have suffered most. I'll have some lemon marmalade when you've made it please.
Sorry June no lemon marmalade just tawny orange

It is flooded here, this photo was taken by someone yesterday on the other side of the river , I am above the water line thank goodness..

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2013, 10:06 AM
The only news I saw yesterday was the ITV after Downton and it was only about Kent, which I thought was strange having heard on here about the other places, but didn't realise you were in the way of it as well Meg. Will Sally be OK, she wasn't on last night, but thought maybe it was due to Christmas etc.
Tawny Orange will do me thank you very much, just have to make toast to go with it
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Morning all. A frosty day here as June said Nice & bright & dry though. I hope Jenny is ok after the floods & the barn had not been affected or the power.
Enjoy the day with your family Lynn
Bad flooding for you as well Meg glad you're above the waterline though. What a terrible end to the year for 1000's of people.
Nothing planned here today - only eating all the leftovers so I think I'll spend most of the day just chillin.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Morning

Lynn - I hope you have a lovely day today with your family. Maybe that's what we should do - cook it all the day before and reheat?

Jenny - I haven't read yesterday's thread but I hope you are okay over there.

Cath - I hope you haven't filled in your colouring book yet.

We had a nice day yesterday but oh wow, that amount of cooking - is it worth it? And the mess!

How do you get a huge, cooked turkey out of the tin without spilling fatty juices everywhere, while saving said juice for gravy? We managed but there must be a simpler way!

It's quite nice here so far so we will try to get out for some fresh air before my mum and dad come for a late lunch of - yep, cold turkey! I hope to actually get to play with the kids today after the madness of cooking yesterday.

Enjoy your Boxing Day everyone.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Morning all
Foggy here this morning.
Really need to get shifting myself, we meant to be having family and friends over for drinks and snacks but hubby still full up with cold. He says he's going to see how he feels later, he's dosed himself up and gone back to bed for a couple of hours.

Dinner was great yesterday, my mum & step-dad and mum in law came. It was the first one with out my dad in law.
Billy and Rosie seem to really get on even though Billy is still nervous round Rosie, and just wants to be cuddled it's a hard life lol
Meg
Supervisor

26-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
The only news I saw yesterday was the ITV after Downton and it was only about Kent, which I thought was strange having heard on here about the other places, but didn't realise you were in the way of it as well Meg. Will Sally be OK, she wasn't on last night, but thought maybe it was due to Christmas etc.
Tawny Orange will do me thank you very much, just have to make toast to go with it
June Sally is on the others side of the hills away from the Severn (which is both tidal and gets the off run from the welsh mountains).
I think she should be ok but often gets the snow first
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Morning all

Nippy, aw poor wee baby, I hope she will be okay.

I hope all my friends down the road will be safe today and the water doesn't get any higher, but the forecast isn't good. Stay safe folks.

I had my bath and had a decent kip last night. Felt so tired last night.

We are all excited, our foster baby arrives today I am looking forward to the excitement. Apparently she sleeps in the bedroom with her Mum so she can just come to bed with us tonight (I can't see Mocha being happy with that though). We will go a wee walk later, cause I believe she has had all her jags and can now go outside

I've bid for a lightbox on Ebay as well, cause both Brian and I suffer with SAD so I think this may help both of us. I'm looking forward to hopefully feeling a bit better during the winter.

Having a coffee before doing the remainder of the dishes and catching up with the washing. It's a beautiful day here so Dougal and I will be going out for a walk later on. I'm hoping to take the camera with me so I can get some pics I can try to paint

Have a lovely day folks.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Morning June,Jen, Meg, Moyra, Cath, Manday, Lorraine and anyone else I missed earlier.

Had a lovely, but very soggy walk in the woods, I can't believe how much water is just sitting on top of the grassy areas, let alone how many big trees are down and we've got another bashing tonight down here in the South.

Hi June, enjoy a lovely quiet day once you taken the girlies out, maybe an early jim jam day for you. Yes, Dave said on our walk this morning that it's the best Christmas he's ever had and he's had some bad ones with me in the past with my raucous family lol! We have decided to go out for a meal at this pub every month, cos like you say, the food is good, you can't fault the staff, they're happy, smiley people and can't do enough for ya. It's only a beefeater, but we like our chargrilled steaks and they keep sending me special offers cos I've joined their club points thing. and in January we get 50% off a meal, can't beat it

Maidstone which is 20 mins behind me is flooded out now, and Surrey sounds horrendous, and the poor people won't be getting any electric back until at least the end of the week I just heard on the local.

Malka, what have you heard about Gatwick? Dave just heard on the radio that Gatwick and Heathrow are going to be closed until the new year now That's quite unbelievable and yet there's nothing on the main BBC news about this

Lovely sunny day down here anyway, and I popped into Mr S for some deserts but their freezers are empty There were just men in there buying more booze!

No Jenny, hopefully you're enjoying yourself with the family, and I'm hoping it's not for any other reason. I might ring you tonight if I don't see you around, best of luck Jenny.

Catch you later, roast beef is beckoning mmmmmmmmm
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »