View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm back, several things needing my attention earlier!
Hope you have a good day Pat as I said just now!
Lynn thinking of you hope all went smoothly yesterday and that you are soon back with us
Bev glad you had a good night with your sister you deserved it. It is bound to rain if you are going to the hairdresser!
Helena Glad you have managed to get some cushions it's all sounding great. I remember '87 too. I was working nights and I was very concerned listening to the hurricane outside.
Morning Jenny the sun is just breaking through here but very windy.
Morning Malka and Annie
Hello again Pat hope you enjoy your day sounds like it has got off to a good start! I love earrings, or any jewelry really
Morning Lynne
Still don't feel like doing much but I'm telling myself I must just get on with it
Happy Saturday all
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Good morning fellow members a pleasant morning and I have just been out to move the dustbins and garden chairs into the garage before the bad storm which is expected tomorrow arrives

I am off to a good start with Christmas pudding number 2 steaming away for the next 8 hours.
Next job is another batch of pickled cabbage. I really thought when I retired I would have a lot more spare time but there always seems to be too many things to do .

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 08:43 AM
OMG Taff has just caught a collared dove in the yard I went out & he followed me. This bird was on the floor & Taff jumped on it. He had it in his mouth & I shouted Oy. I don't know who was more shocked Taff or the bird. it managed to get away minus most of its feathers though. He usually just barks at them for having the audacity to come in his yard but has never tried to catch one before. He'll just sit & watch the small birds but doesn't like the bigger ones.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Morning

Happy birthday Pat!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Popped in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pat.
Am zooming around trying to get sorted for visitors at 11.30 and another wet morning so girls not looking their best
See ya later
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Good Morning everyone, it is quite windy out there this morning already, not looking forward to tomorrow and Monday if it turns out like 1987.

Have a good day everyone, thinking of you Lyn, God bless all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 11:30 AM
After I posted this morning I went off to do a big food shop which is nice to have it over and done with as it was busy even then. Then my friend Polly came round and we've walked the dogs .... only a lead walk but after their long walk yesterday that's fine and they do have our garden (and the house) to race around in. They'll get another walk but not until after lunch. It's very windy now with horizontal drizzle .... but it will hopefully clear up again soon.
Pat - I hope that planter is still there that you want. Isn't it annoying when you buy something and then wish you'd bought more/another once you get home Little Bella ... what a character she is and Lol to you holding her up and singing happy birthday ... at least she made the effort to try and sing it even if it sounded very like an 'I want' bark Maybe singing lessons will be in order before next year. Enjoy your day and Steak Diane sounds a good choice if you can sort it.
Lynne - My son was extremely thankful for me collecting him last night and to be honest he'd have done the same thing for me or his dad. He very rarely drinks so he was feeling a little worse for wear and is feeling worse this morning That wasn't nice for Taff or you to witness him catching that dove. As you say he was probably so surprised that he actually caught it I didn't realise that doves are a little dim, I thought it was just the wood pigeons. Well done with the curtains and I'm sure they'll look lovely.
Nippy - Just have a chill day .... you are retired so are allowed to. I'm going to do as little as possible shortly for the rest of the day and I don't intend to feel guilty about it .... although perhaps I should as there is a never ending list of things to be done .
Meg - Reading your post has reminded me about having a look around the garden to move anything into the shed that needs to before the winds on Sunday/Monday -- thanks for that. I mentioned last week about buying the dried fruit that you'd mentioned was on offer in Waitrose but I needn't now as we've just been invited to a friends for Xmas lunch and she is the most amazing cook and insists on making the pud herself.
June - I hope the prospective puppy parents meeting(s) have gone well.
Hi Moyra, I hope you can stay put if the weather does get really nasty. Enjoy your day and give Amber a gentle hug from me. Is she all better now with her appetite?
Hi L.S. and anyone else who has popped in.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Meeting went very well indeed, and they weren't in the least worried by 4 large hairy muddy monsters shedding shavings wherever they went. They were surprised how big they were and said the piccies didn't do them justice.
Just got to wait now and see what we get.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Lynne, comes as a shock doesn't it? Pepsi trapped a wood pigeon in the greenhouse once Feathers everywhere
Jenny, never feel guilty I am about to have a nanny nap!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Jenny, yes Amber has certainly found her appetite now no problem. Thanks for asking.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »