Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
yes they are always going to war with Syria.
I assume that by "they" you mean Israel. Always going to war with Syria?

1 - The 1948 War of Independence which involved:

Egypt
Jordan
Iraq
Syria
Lebanon

against Israel.

2 - The 1967 Six-Day War which involved:

Egypt
Syria
Jordon
Iraq

supported by:

Algeria
Kuwait
Libya
Morocco
Pakistan
PLO
Saudia Arabia
Sudan

against Israel.

3 - The 1973 Yom Kippur War

Egypt
Syria
Iraq
Jordan

against Israel.

Since when have any of those countries attacked Cyprus? Syria has not threatened that "If Syria is attacked, Cyprus will burn". But both Syria and Iran have stated that "If Syria is attacked, ISRAEL will burn".

OK, your "jokes" are funny to you, in the safety of Cyprus, but believe me when you [me in this instance] live in a country which is now on a War Alert warning, it does not seem so funny.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 12:15 PM
No idea what you are on about Malka and I wasn't joking I was stating a fact. Syria and Israel are often in conflict. No secret about that over here.

If I want to make a joke about Cyprus in relation to the current situation in Syria I sure don't need your permission or approval to do so.

I posted this (below) once before and you didn't disagree with or object to it then?

Israel–Syria relations refers to diplomatic and economic relations between Israel and Syria. Diplomatic ties have not been established since the creation of both countries in the mid-20th century and the countries have fought three major wars - 1948, 1967, 1973, later also being both involved in the Lebanese Civil War. Both countries do allow a limited trade of apples for the Golan Druze villages, located on both sides of the 1973 ceasefire line. Israel also has allowed academic studies of Golan Druze from the Israeli-controlled side in Damascus universities, though the procedure has greatly reduced as a result of Syrian civil war.
Not even sure what point you are making actually unless you are disagreeing that Israel and Syria have often been in conflict/at war?

Regarding risk levels - I don't want to be in some insane 'risk competition' if I thought I was at serious risk I wouldn't be joking about it (but we have now got the fighter planes here on the island ready). I've already said that Cyprus is far more likely to be involved in taking in hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees than engaged in any hostilities.

If I lived in Israel I'd be a LOT MORE WORRIED than I am living in Cyprus. There does that make you feel better? You chose to live there - you knew the history. I wouldn't live there even if I was Jewish!

Stop reading the thread if it offends you. Or is it people having a laugh about adversity that offends you? I'd have thought you lived in the UK long enough to be aware that that's how Brits deal with it - they joke about it!

Perhaps take your concerns to the Jewish lobby who are going all out to support a strike against Syria by the US. If you are against that.

I'm against it. But the government here isn't lobbying the US to go ahead with it.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Joke section is the right place for this, as Israel is now on the same side as Hamas AND al quida - that IS funny!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2