View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Really sorry to hear this, Malka. Try to stay strong and positive - although I know how hard it is.
Big hugs.
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Pereg is still diabolically post-ictal. She eventually flonks down but ten minutes later or if I dare move she is up and clawing at my arm and leg again - torn through a long-sleeved fine cotton tunic and the cropped leggings I was wearing - both new and both worn for the first [and last] time.

Barking, screeching, going round and round and round in circles or pacing backwards and forwards non-stop. The only thing that stops her is food - she is as bad as when the epilepsy first started but at least then the post-ictal behaviour calmed down after a few hours. This has been going on for coming up to 8 hours now and I cannot even have anything to eat because as soon as I go to the fridge to get something out she starts the gimmees again.

So far she has had two lots of 10mg oral Diazepam and what with that plus the extra Pb she should be well over it by now. The trouble is that if I move when she does rest she is instantly up again. Well I can go without food [I have a 1.5l bottle of water on my table] but I cannot go without the loo for hour upon end.

I know that nothing can be done and I just have to sit it out, and I can give her more Diazepam if necessary but I just have a nasty feeling that she is going to have another GM in the next few hours.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Oh that's not the news I wanted to hear.

I hope your next post is good news and that you can both get some rest.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 06:04 PM
So sorry to be reading this about Pereg . I hope she settles soon so that you and her can get some well earned rest. Fingers and toes crossed for Pereg and Loki.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
So sorry to hear this again Malka I hope she settles down soon so you can at least get yourself something to eat
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Only just seen this and so sorry to read it.

Hugs to you both.

I'm sure you're doing the best for her. What would happen if you gave her food she had to work at... Like a kong? As I write this I'm thinking she might not be able to concentrate on it in her state... But then again maybe if it was something she could lick away at would it release seratonin and calm her? I don't know.... I'm just thinking out loud and you're far more experienced at caring for an epileptic dog than me.

I'll be thinking of you both. Xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
How is Pereg now, Malka? It is awful and I sincerely hope Pereg comes out of them soon.

Big healing thoughts and cuddles to Pereg and to you xx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
So sorry to hear this Malka. My heart goes out to both you and Pereg as you go through this again. Hope you both get some rest tonight. Hugs to you both xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:39 PM
MALKA,hope you and Pereg manage to get some rest,(( hugs)) to you both xx
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2013, 10:56 PM
So sorry to read this Malka, I was only thinking the other day when you posted some pictures that she was doing well not having any seizures lately, hugs to you both xx
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »