View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I have both clippers and a dremmel, some prefer the clippers as it's quick and then it's over with and some prefer the dremmel. Syd used to fall asleep when I did his and then whinge at me if I dared to use it on the others. Rio and Frankie prefer clippers, Milan and Tucson prefer the dremmel. Diesel gets neither as his nails never need doing and Phoenix needs to be bribed and wrestled into submission. She's funny she also has a pathological hatred of wet wipes
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Neither of our Boxers would tolerate the Dremel which was too bad for me after having bought one

Clippers and quick file with ordinary file afterwards, nice foodie treat & lots of fuss and ours are happy doglets
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 07:39 AM
T is very annoying. He was always done as a puppy and was never that bothered but now he does that really annoying little 'snatch' just as you are about to clip. He wasnt fussed about me trying to use my nail file on them so thinking i may try a dremmel. He has really chunky claws and I think the scissor action although better than the guillotine still hurt him. I never take a lot off just his 'high heels' (when you can hear hime tippy tap on the lino)
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 10:38 AM
I use the ones pictured in the link. If you need enormous ones for like mastiffs, they probably sell them at the local pet shop.

Jade won't allow me to clip her claws, either way so they are always a bit too long and then I have to walk her back and forth in the driveway to help wear them down, does almost no good.

Nigredo's claws almost never need clipping, but he's got these really stupid flapping double rear dewclaw toes that grow REALLY fast for some reason and usually need clipping every now and then.

Never tried that Dremmel thing, but have heard many dogs won't tolerate it. I know that Jade will not as she will not even let you hold a paw and Nigredo simply doesn't need it.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I use a dremel. They are excellent.
Me too. Haven't used clippers in years.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2