View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2013, 07:39 AM

Just had a quick look at the photos Pat - wonderful wonderful, all of them! Certainly made me smile after the horrid night I had after I ended up threatening all sorts of dire actions towards [a] Da Booga - who had the right fidgets on and off during the night [I would have gone and slept on the couch but she would only have followed me and there is far less room for both of us on it], and [b] them who started trundling up and down well before 7am.

So not only a very disturbed night, which has left me with really bad ouchies, but no chance of a bit of extra sleep after pill time. I have had to put my spinal brace on, which does help, but do not think I will be able to keep it on much longer due to the heat.

Anyhow, I telephoned my optician about putting the lens back in my bifocals only to find that he is not there today, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. Thankfully I have two pairs so it is not urgent.

Right - coffee and ketchup time now!

I hope everyone has a good day and nobody is/gets flooded!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning Pat and fellow members,

I've just typed a long post and lost the lot

Beautiful clear air this morning, blue sky and sun
From lunchtime onwards we and most of the resident's from here (plus friends) all descend on the 9 acre field for an event that has been held here for the past 18 years 'Band-on-the-Field'. We all take up gazebos, tables, chairs, food and booze and have a right-old social. We've got the same band as last year and they are excellent and will play just about any genre of music. This year there is also a 'bucking-bronco' machine for the kids and inebriated adults, bouncy castle etc etc. I've always taken my dog(s) with me but this year they will be left home-alone as Rucksack is doing so well since I've kept him off the field and so far has remained free from the dreaded harvest mites which made his life a misery last year.

Off to take them both for a long walk shortly.

Pat - Those photos are all fab and the whole party look lovely. Your son and his gorgeous bride look so happy and how lucky were you all with the weather I hope Jen finds a suitcase or you could both be wearing quite a lot of clothes I bet little Bella will be so excited to see you both tomorrow.
Norma - Enjoy your dog walk and I hope you get some nice weather to dry everything out bit.
Helena - Hope your knee is OK. I still haven't worked out how it was your knee that shot in the air with fright and not your arms Enjoy your relaxing day and walk with Zena.
Bev - Mixed emotions for you then but hopefully you won't have time to dwell on the empty nest, what with all the packing and preparation for the big move. I do hope Charly is able to come back to help you on the day. Aren't you pleased you went ahead with that house now 'cos at one time you weren't going to as Charley didn't want to move there . I hope Lily's tum settles.
Lynn - I hope you manage a nap later and enjoy your walk with Dillon. Any more thoughts on those two properties?

See you all later once I've walked the dogs.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 07:50 AM

Morning Pat and everyone.
My sympathies Malka because I have severe ouchies this morning and have had all night

I hope all the storms have passed and that you have the lovely sunshine that we have got, nice and cool with it too. We only had a drop of rain, hardly enough, my garden is so dry, and no thunder or lightning
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 08:12 AM
No thunder storm last night, just rain & lots of it.

Would have liked to be up at Redcar, but when I rang last night it was raining so think I made the right decision. Wished my friend, who is judging her first Championship Obedience class today, good .

Washing to do & hopefully bath some if not all of the dogs. I like my smooth/medium BCs definitely wash & go LOL
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Good morning fellow members there is a much fresher feel to the weather after the overnight rain and it has done wonders for the parched garden.

I feel a bit more energetic now it is not so hot so I am going to clean up the garage while I am in the mood , after that I will need a shower to get rid of the cobwebs .

Enjoy your day everyone
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Good morning fellow Dogsey members,

Well I think our summer may well be over, it's chucking it down here. So today is the day for catching up with ironing and studying.

Although first I better feed the scalys, they are bobbing at me. Hope you all have a nice day.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone,
You guys are so chatty in the mornings!!
Takes me 3 coffee's at least before my brain starts to function We have sticky heat here, no rain!! Need to sort Hubby's clothes for heading back and then we'll all head out for lunch....
Have a great day everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi to all those who snuck in while I was typing my last post or who have arrived since.

Jenny and Malka I'm sorry you both had bad nights in discomfort (((hugs)))

I had a lovely walk with my boys this morning and walked right through our town as I haven't had them around heavy traffic for a while - they were fine and loved all the new smells. Both are now lying on the settee on top of a duvet I want to wash but I figure its best to 'let sleeping dog lie' I'll probably let them use it today and wash it tomorrow now.

Eileen - enjoy your lunch ... I always think its so nice to eat out once in a while .. no preparation or clearing up after.

Off to have a shower and wash my hair.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Eileen that sounds nice, to lunch out. It is starting to get hot here again.

Lore is that how the scaleys tell you that they want feeding or do they do that all the time, bobbing the heads that is.

Jenny enjoy your shower and hair wash. If it gets any hotter here I may have to have another shower!

Must drink my tea I am letting it get cold here.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Labrador Lover, they do it for all sorts of reasons, but when they are both doing it and dunting their UV lamp as well, it's a good indication they are wanting something...food is usually it first thing in the morning
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »