Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Yes it all went well and her housing officer should be contacting me soon and my housing officer contacting her so we can get the papers signed and sealed and then set a firm moving date.
I really need to get some time to go job hunting over there as it would cost me more to travel back here to work than I can earn and I don't want to end up unemployed. I have got that job one day a week over there but that is not anywhere near enough to live on and pay the bills.
Good news then re the exchange. And hope you sort the job stuff out too. I believe you wouldn't be entitled to unemployment benefit if you were made jobless through deciding to move away from the job.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning all. I slept from about midnight until 5am which is about what I usually get so felt full of beans this morning. We got out by 6 and went down to the waterfront to watch the sun come up and stayed out for about an hour.

Have been catching up on emails and downloads ready to work later this evening. And am now ready to hit the pool for a few hours swimming and sunbathing and reading!

I will believe it when I see it well over 30deg in the UK! Think that's only happened a few times in my lifetime! I recall the day Mart was born the temps hit 27deg and it make front page headlines in all papers - hottest day of the year - 30 July. I keep the papers for the kids' DOBs.

I think it only has to go over about 25 for the UK papers to put photos of people on beaches on the front page! I do hope you DO get a bit more summer though. From next month it's the slow slide to Autumn/Winter and the nights drawing in for the UK. (I always think the school summer hols start too late in UK) by the time they go back to school in Sept. it's getting dark earlier and decidedly more chilly. Why they don't have them June/July I can't understand.

With every weather update Rosebud posts I become more determined not to bother visiting Ireland! Mist and damp does not agree with my bones and joints. Rheumatism and Arthritis THRIVE on cold damp weather.

Catch up later - going to put up some pics of sunrise over the seafront roadworks lol!
A visit does no harm and people don't come to Ireland for the weather. The country after all IS one great BOG.

But hotels etc do have central heating you know!

Living here IS a different matter and yes joint and lung diseases thrive on the damp. But you learn to cope

An Aussie at the stall last week said he was disappointed as he had expected a few more degrees of warmth in our summer. It was very warm that day by Irish standards but they kept feeling sorry for me out in the cold!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Hello all.
Another full day ahead today. I've got physio again and then shopping.
I have made a decision to try and have a break from the computer!
All my joints are so painful, I hardly know what to do with myself and I think it is staying in one position too long.
So I will pop in and out, mainly reading and making sure you are all behaving but I most move more and stop keeping my wrists and shoulders in one position
Beware I will be in the background watching!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hello all.
Another full day ahead today. I've got physio again and then shopping.
I have made a decision to try and have a break from the computer!
All my joints are so painful, I hardly know what to do with myself and I think it is staying in one position too long.
So I will pop in and out, mainly reading and making sure you are all behaving but I most move more and stop keeping my wrists and shoulders in one position
Beware I will be in the background watching!!
Yes, keeping gently mobile is vital.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Rose, Pat, Bev, and Jen.

Just had a lovely walk, but now I'm home it's gone really misty and foggy but still dry.

Pat I'll have you know we went for weeks on end, well over the 30's a few years ago and it reached 39 at Gatwick which was only up the road from where we lived and I sooo wanted it to go away and rain on me. Glad you got a good night's sleep, and I love the pics of Bella you put up when you sneaked her down to the pool at silly hour.

Jen Physio again today, another good exercise for your mouth today then cos I know how you love to chat with her Hope she can get you out of pain there though inbetween conversations. Not sure I want you looking over my shoulder on here though

Met a lovely young spaniel in the woods today, he boinged all over Zena but she loved him cos he was so friendly. Then she told me about how he had been attacked twice recently by a woman with a black labx that never has it on lead, so I'll have to be watching out for that one He's only 10 months old too and been attacked twice

Better get cracking and off to Mr S when I've done Zena's brekkie and made myself slightly respectable.

I'm going to ring the hairdressers and see if he can do that colour today instead of next Tuesday, otherwise I know I'll be slapping one on myself for Saturday night out.

Catch you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I would have been on an hour ago but I had something to sort first thing (see photo section ). Anyway I'm here now and had a read through last night's posts ..... what are June and Sally like ..... it really made me laugh and cheered me up after my bad start. Flash appears to be feeling fine and has eaten breakfast. Hopefully he'll have a good drink, although he may have done this morning and I didn't notice. Off for a shortish dog walk at 10 with my friend Polly and then lots of housework ... boring.

Lynn I hope you have a nice quiet day after your marathon yesterday and what a good boy Dillon was.
Bev you must be so looking forward to the weekend and a little time to yourself. Good news that you have secured one day a week of work already and you haven't moved yet Also what a relief about the house exchange all being on track. I'm really pleased Pat you got a good night's sleep (that's about the most I ever get) and feel refreshed this morning. Enjoy your day. I'm not looking forward to the heat we are expecting here as we aren't geared up for it. We don't have air con so it'll be keeping windows and curtains closed during the heat of the day and fans running.
Helena - I hadn't realised that you've got paint those doors too I use a Crown water based eggshell and it is fantastic as it is really tough, doesn't smell and dries in 1/2 or so. Enjoy your Dillon walk and I hope that Dave coming back tonight is music to your ears
Rosebud - I hope you continue to feel better than you did. I too don't fancy a trip to Ireland at the moment with the awful weather you are describing

I must go and get some washing on and have some breakfast. Enjoy your day all and I hope any poorly people or dogs are feeling better today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2013, 08:11 AM

I phoned Ram as soon as the surgery opened for an appointment today as Pereg has developed a large [but soft] swelling on the inside of one of her front legs, just above the elbow and is limping [I found the swelling, which was not there yesterday, when checking to see why she is limping] which seems to be rather tender. Plus of course she has no voice at all now.

The appointment is for 1pm [it has now gone 11am] and after having apparently starting from earlier at the end of the road, they have now dug up all the pavement - they are way up the road now.

Accepted that the pavement needed replacing, but I have had to phone David and ask if he will pick me up and carry me over the pile of bricks, across the sand, across the other pile of bricks, and into his taxi, not forgetting that he also has to take Pereg on the leash to the car, then carry my manual chair over the lot.

And I really do not like being picked up and carried.

Sorry for sounding off but I am now very worried about Pereg and how we will manage getting out and getting back again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Jenny good luck at the physio and I hope they can help with the aching joints. We will try to behave while you are absent.
jenny I have seen the photo of Rucksack. Glad to hear flash is on the mend. Enjoy the walk.
Helena good luck getting a slot at the hairdressers.
That poor spaniel nice he still remained friendly though.

Been for our short stroll so as not to overdo the healing of the claw which is doing very nicely and he isn't niggling it at all. Dillon found the damson tree's and they of course have little green damsons on he loves them and we stood for ages while he stripped the twigs to eat the fruits.
Then we moved on and he laid on the verge eating the long grass.
Last night he sat by me while I was doing salad and was eating cucumber and beetroot. you can see what will happen when we get fruit tree's and a veg patch can't you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Malka sorry to hear about Peregs lump and all the rigmarole you have to go through to get her to the vet today.
Fingers crossed it isn't anything serious.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Morning everyone

Lynn - I'm very glad to hear Dillon's claw is doing well.

Helena - oh dear, I hope you haven't been bitten too.

Is it really going to be in the 30s next week? Far too hot for me.

Pat - What a lovely start to the day you had.

We've definitely had temperatures over 30. We went to Wales when Carys was 4 weeks old and it was so hot we barely left the house - luckily it had lakes and nice gardens with trees. Oh, I remember it well, we had to come home the night before we were due to leave because I was worried about the baby and dog in a hot car, stuck on a motorway.

Rosebud - my parents were over there a couple of weeks ago and had some lovely hot weather. Probably not by Australian standards . We've always had a mixture when we've been there. Last year it was dull and drizzly in Kilrush but a couple of miles down the road in Kilkee it was beautiful sunshine, so we went to the beach!

Nippy - sorry your joints are painful. I hope they ease for you.

Malka - poor Pereg, I wonder what has happened to her? I hope your vet is able to get to the bottom of it.

Jenny - naughty Rucksack but cute picture!

Well, Loki has improved again. We went to the fields but I didn't throw anything because his back legs are still weak. He's pretty good on grass but is having trouble with the pavements/roads.

After lying down asleep, my bites seemed much better but once I got up they look more angry. I'm sure the antibiotics have already helped though because they are not as angry as yesterday. My nose is awful!

I fell asleep last night watching my Led Zep dvd - how is that possible?

I hope it isn't too hot over the weekend - Carys has a school trip on Friday so I'd like it warm but not steaming. Then there is the school summer fayre on Saturday and a party on Sunday.

Next Wednesday they are organising a celebration afternoon, to celebrate getting their Ofsted outstanding rating. It's outside so I don't want 30+ degrees beating down on my head, thanks!

Have a good day everyone.
x
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »