View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Morning Everyone, not sure whether to do my sheets today or not as the sun keeps coming and going.

Lynn I have a small pond and waterfall feature that is in need of a good home. Nothing wrong with it. It just depends how big a pond you want It's enough to dig out I know that much! Our fish are all indoors now! We have just left it under the bushes in my back shrubbery for want of somewhere to house it until someone comes along who would like it. We had to move it because it was near a brick wall that needs rebuilding and would have been in the way. Steve wanted to dig it in somewhere else but I do not really want the job of looking after it. It's got shelves in it and different depths. Well it is there for the taking if you want it.

Helena Sounds as though you have made a great job of round the vans. Now you have earned a day of leisure with Dave. Enjoy!

Tang Cat versus the printer - brilliant!

Bev Hope you get your walk sorted out.

The sun has come out again. Steve's back must be much better as although he has the doctors appointment on Tuesday he has decided to go fishing for a couple of nights. Just hope his back is up to it. Mine is grumbling because I did the grass yesterday. Have a good day all,
God bless and take care.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Good morning fellow members a blustery day with heavy showers and I am going to try to get the bedding plants in without getting soaked I am so late planting them in this year.

Enjoy your day everyone
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Morning all....

Sorry I cant do pick everyone up thing... but I read it all properly

YEA!!!! eversuffering husband is home tonight... but wineless cos he hasn't been over the water but he will be gone again early monday morning...

Windy but dry here in the Fens, so will get his washing all done ready for him to pack again. Not much else on, will walk the dogs when he gets home, if he's not too late, gammon, new potatoes and cauliflower cheese, home made for tea.

Have a great weekend and will catch up monday.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 09:17 AM
jenny.g the cushions are, of course, BLACK! Nothing goes better with black than pet fur does it?

I should buy shares in those sticky rolls you use on a roller to remove hair and fluff!

(to be honest I'd rather be able to SEE the pet hair and my own than to have it camoflaged)

Neighbour popped in for an hour (a non problematic neighbour!) so I am just deciding whether to do the Thrift Shop or throw myself in the sun. Thrift shop I think as it will close in an hour so I can't be gone too long!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
which now means I only have two weeks free in both of our vans until the end of September
That's really good news H and justifies getting the second van, plus now you are so close you can do both of them in same time it took you when you had only one and were 60 miles away. This year should be be good I'm so pleased for you 'cos it was a bit of a gamble getting the second van wasn't it

Have to go now but will read everybodies news tonight
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Morning all.

I am going to commit to getting to the thread earlier.

Sorry to say not got time to reply to all the posts.

I have loads to do....

Just wanted to say Bella is brilliant she makes me smile........

Hope to get Sal's ashes back this week they said approx. 2 weeks. But I just looked at a picture of her the day before she died and she looks sad in her eyes so I know the time was right.

Off to take Bella out then I am going to the SBT collar shop for a new collar for her. She is using the spare and she needs one of her own.
She really wants to run so going to rack my brains for a secure'ish area I can let her off lead.

Got to go to the shops organise my clothes for my cruise and basically enjoy the weekend. Oh and a bit more to do in the kitchen....cooker being del Monday and fitted Tuesday.

See you all later
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Morning all. I'm sat in Starbucks in Liverpool having a coffee after mingling with the celebrities Rip off Britain are filming here today

It had forecast rain nearly all day so I wasn't going to come - didn't know these were here. But seeing as its a nice day I'm glad I did.
No time to reply to everyone but have a good day & I'll be back later.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Don''t let the midges keep you away,, covering up works and they are only this bad when no wind.

I am trading when they are bad draped in a large piece of close weave net curtain.. I can knit under it and the tourists love it!

The Gathering here ends tomorrow but I am delighted the weather will be better when my visitors are here; I have a reputation for good weather on their bi-annual visits,, Plenty of indoor stuff planned but oh the glory when it is fine..

Going down to kill collie.. Evidently a cat is at the cat flap so she is barking full volume... Reminds me of a car that passed the stall in the village a while ago. There was a collie right behind the driver,,, BARK, BARK!! SHUTUP SHUTUP! was the loud chorus...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=Tangutica;2705376]All sounds very good. Couples who play together, stay together. (Even if 'play' consists of building and gardening lol!) 10 awesomeness points for Zena and stop apologising for not being able to 'keep up' on here!

You are right about first impressions, esp. for a holiday break accommodation. People start by browsing and looking at piccies of it. Then they get the little video playing through their mind, imagining themselves sitting outside with a bottle of wine, taking in their surroundings and relaxing. So get the photos up!

You've reminded me of when my son's w/m caused a disaster. If it was your door not being fully engaged at least it didn't START UP! (And it's not supposed to) His did! And it's in an upstairs 'laundry cupboard' thingie with the boiler and all that outside the bathroom. First they knew was when my DiL saw water coming down the open plan stairs and through the light fittings! It was doing a cycle with the door not closed properly.

Printers - scourge of the earth! Try hitting it with a bigger hammer! Or watch this and laugh (but don't watch if you are offended by the F word!
Cat vs Printer
http://youtu.be/CSK1D3bZhRs
All this talk of midges is putting me right OFF visiting Ireland! Bad enough here but it's only a problem for a month or two in early spring. This year not much prob at all. I hate them they get in my hair and they bite me and make me itch!

Funny; cat v printer..This one succumbed easily this time thankfully
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Just back from poultry wholesalers, I went for chicken wings and carcasses but there were no carcasses left, came back with 8kg of wings as I have got 4kg for other people. All weighed and bagged and got ready for the freezer now, I bag mine in lots of eight so's they keep fresh, the rest I've bagged in 1kg lots.
Was going to go on the market, but sky was very black, called in for lpg and on the way home the heavens opened, so hope you were still in Starbucks at that moment Taffsmum!!!! Have come home, scattered grass patch seed on the front grass, and it has stopped now.....looking very threatening though so can't decide whether to risk getting girls out or not, have looked out the back and Keshi is lay outside, she is a real outside girlie as I rarely see her not there, the minute it stops raining out she pops like a little weather girlie
Fantastic both vans are booked Helena, can't wait to see the new piccies, sounds marvellous what you have done over the past few days. Don't wear Dave out too much as he still has those doors to fit!!!
Oooh Kazz, a cruise, when are you going and where do you stop at, you lucky girl you Glad to hear Bella is settling in now, once you get Sal's ashes back you will be able to chat to her every day, I have boxes all over the kitchen so's I can talk to them because they are still sadly missed although many have been gone more than a decade.
Pat there is a shop here called Home Bargains and they do giant size lint rollers on a pole and you can put them over the carpets and floors you wouldn't believe what they pick up, even when its all been hoovered and mopped the sticky bit is full of stuff!!!
Girliebiker, lay a place for me please, your tea sounds just right for me tonight!!!
Jenny, still got my washing off my friend's line, I passed there today, but as it was throwing it down I didn't stop, was hoping if it got a bit of a blow today I could pop down at teatime, collect it and then finish it off over the bannisters on the top landing
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »