Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Finally I've just had a wonderful night's sleep and I woke the dogs up, not them waking me up. A great party last night although by about 12.15 I was having trouble keeping my eyes open .... not through drink I hasten to add. Home by 1.00 and fell asleep really quickly. A really dull miserable morning but I'm hoping it does clear so that I can get the dogs out for a decent run. I've got to do a Tesco run this morning as the cupboards are bare.

Lynn - I hope you manage to Dillon out for a walk and the weather clears to get a few outside jobs done.

Helena - so sorry to hear about Dave's back - I just hope he doesn't have a bulging disc which is what I did a couple of years ago.

Bev - How lovely that Lily enjoyed her play date yesterday.

Chris, Moet, Norma and all fellow members I hope you and the dogs have a lovely day

See you all later once my brother has gone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Lynn and all who follow

Busy day today. It's my son's birthday and we are going over to see family in Barnsley. Looking forward to seeing them, but not to spending 5 hours in the car today.

Hope everyone has a good day and a safe one x
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Chris and everyone

Morning Chris have a lovely time with your son and happy birthday to him. Safe journey.

Bad night here Poor Dave couldn't sit or lie down. He's done something to his back which makes the backs of both his legs cause a severe pulling pain all down the backs of both. Strange cos I know all about sciatica and it's always the sides and front of the legs, plus the buttocks, but he says his is from his back straight down both legs. He's fine when walking, so he's been up and down all night

This in turn, has disturbed Zena's sleep, he didn't give her biscuits in the middle of the night when he got up, so she's just chucked up some bile now

Me? I'm ok!!!! Oh Lordy gimme strength though....

Enjoy all that tittivating at yours Lynn, and Chris have a fab day out with your son today.

Everyone else, hope you have a lovely Sunday and I'll be back later once I've seen to my invalids here.
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, Brierley and all

It doesn't look too promising here today weather wise, there is even talk of snow for some of us. I am working this afternoon but am hoping to get the two youngsters out on the bike, it's been a while partly because of the snow. I have noticed a considerable improvement in them when we are on foot which I am very pleased about. The older dogs will just have shorter walk through the woods, that will make them happy.

I hope you get a reasonable walk with Dillon today he must get very soggy when the pavements are wet.

Happy Birthday to your son Brierley, have a safe journey.

I do hope Ash finds his forever home soon although we will miss his pics.

Terrible situation for the people who have money in the banks in Cyprus, it doesn't encourage you to save does it. I just give thanks we didn't go down that particular route.

Have a good day everyone.
Morning Helena sorry to hear Dave has a bad back and is in a lot of pain. I do hope you can sort it today and that Zena is also better now.
I think you need a (((hug))).

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Good morning Lynn Morning All
Weather looking better today hopefully a drier walk today
Good luck with the DIY jobs ,
Ahh as if Dillon would get up tp any mad games ��
Not much on today
Nice bit of Roast Beef n home made Sticky Toffee pud for afters
Hope all poorly folks n doglets are on the mend everyone enjoy their day ,that ever their up to
Enjoy St Patricks day ������������
Take care stay safe
Morning Norma your lunch sounds delicious. Dillon is totally bonkers not all the time but at least once a day.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Lily had a lovely time round at Fred and Carols house yesterday when we were invited for tea and biscuits, which ended up cake and coffee .
Lots more washing here today and I am going to try and decorate my bathroom if I can summon the energy, I've only had 5 hours sleep since Friday with everything going on here and worrying.

Looks like its going to rain here again soon, but at least I managed to get lily out for a nice long walk early in the dry, I've stripped my bed and the sheets are washing but I think its going to mean drying them in the tumble dryer yet again as I have wet clothes hanging everywhere in the house.

Roast chicken for dinner today and chicken salad wraps for lunch.

Happy birthday to your son Chris.
H I hope Dave is ok. Do you have a walk in center anywhere nearby he could go to? If not i would contact NHS direct as Gerry suggested.

Take care all and have a good day whatever you are doing.
Morning Bev glad you and Lily had a nice time yesterday.
Oh do take it easy please lack f sleep all the worry and now decorating the bathroom.
Your lunch and dinner sounds yummy too.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Finally I've just had a wonderful night's sleep and I woke the dogs up, not them waking me up. A great party last night although by about 12.15 I was having trouble keeping my eyes open .... not through drink I hasten to add. Home by 1.00 and fell asleep really quickly. A really dull miserable morning but I'm hoping it does clear so that I can get the dogs out for a decent run. I've got to do a Tesco run this morning as the cupboards are bare.

Lynn - I hope you manage to Dillon out for a walk and the weather clears to get a few outside jobs done.

Helena - so sorry to hear about Dave's back - I just hope he doesn't have a bulging disc which is what I did a couple of years ago.

Bev - How lovely that Lily enjoyed her play date yesterday.

Chris, Moet, Norma and all fellow members I hope you and the dogs have a lovely day

See you all later once my brother has gone.
Morning Jenny that was nice that you woke the dogs for a change.
Glad you enjoyed yourself last night and enjoy the rest of the time with your brother.

Well Dillon is a bit restless these last few days and he wants to get to a corner near our gate each time we walk out not sure what its all about so we left for a walk early today. Good job we did because it wasn't raining and as we got home it started. So ground wet Dillon muddy even though pavement pounding but not wet coats thankfully.

I nearly landed on my face I wasn't paying attention Dillon stopped I was yacking to Gorden tripped over Dillon's back leg and thought I was going to hit the floor face first.
Lucky Gorden was there I grabbed his trouser leg rather violently.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Happy St Patricks day

You are all so good at remembering everyone and what they have been up to, puts me to shame

H Daves symptoms sound just like when I "do" my back. Bl**dy awful

Well, we woke to about an inch and half of snow, no kidding, the most we have had all winter!
I didn't take any pics cos Helena laughs at me It's all melting now though and will soon be gone all together

Enjoy your Sunday all of you.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Good Morning and a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. Have a lovely day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Dry here at the moment, if it stays dry then will take Ash to training, if it starts pouring down then it will be Mabs, as Ash is too little to get soaked through, if they play out in the rain then they have the choice to go back into the dry onto dry shavings, but if out training then he will just get drowned and don't think he is as waterproof yet as Mabs is.
A walk-in NHS centre sounds a good idea, or maybe A&E because they'll be able to scan him or something and maybe see what it is. How on earth has he managed to do it Hope you're staying OK in the middle of both him and Zena needing your tender care!!!
Can't believe we're back on this rain business yet again, I was hoping we'd seen the last of it, because surely it is our turn for drought conditions
Have a safe journey to Barnsley because that is a long time to be in a car, then all the way back again as well, a very long tiring day for you.
Jenny I'm glad you got a decent sleep for the first time in a couple of days, what with all these wild nights out you're getting to be a bit of a night owl really
Norma, wondered what those little squares were all about sounds a nice Sunday dinner you're cooking.
I'm still eating the chicken casserole thingy I made the other day, but it is nice and tasty I have to say.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning fellow members where on earth has spring gone , don't you get sick of gloomy skies and mud.

I have been waiting for the weather to improve before tidying Chloe up but it seems I may have a long wait so I am going to do a bit this morning.

Helena I hope Dave's back is better soon. Poor chap he does seem to have had a lot to contend with of late which must be difficult for both of you.

Enjoy your day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I nearly landed on my face I wasn't paying attention Dillon stopped I was yacking to Gorden tripped over Dillon's back leg and thought I was going to hit the floor face first.
Lucky Gorden was there I grabbed his trouser leg rather violently.
Gosh Lynn I hope they stayed up..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Chris and everyone

Bad night here Poor Dave couldn't sit or lie down. He's done something to his back which makes the backs of both his legs cause a severe pulling pain all down the backs of both. Strange cos I know all about sciatica and it's always the sides and front of the legs, plus the buttocks, but he says his is from his back straight down both legs. He's fine when walking, so he's been up and down all night

This in turn, has disturbed Zena's sleep, he didn't give her biscuits in the middle of the night when he got up, so she's just chucked up some bile now

Me? I'm ok!!!! Oh Lordy gimme strength though....

Enjoy all that tittivating at yours Lynn, and Chris have a fab day out with your son today.

Everyone else, hope you have a lovely Sunday and I'll be back later once I've seen to my invalids here.
He really should see a doc. Pain down the leg(s) usually is 'referred pain' from lumbar region but it could be something pinching on a nerve?

As you know my son has just undergone spinal surgery - that was specifically because the pain had gone to his leg (just the one leg). He still has the 'back problem' to deal with and decide about at a later date. It was apparently much more serious that it was affecting his leg and foot - he still has one toe and other spots where the feeling hasn't come back yet. Might never or might improve gradually but his leg pain is gone.

He was also told before this that if he experienced any loss of sensation, tingling or anything else in what they called the 'saddle region' he was to go in immediately as problems there can often become permanent.

Not trying to be scary but it's not safe to 'assume' you know what's causing pain in back or legs.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Morning Lynn,morning all

Damp here but the sun has just come out so washing is out on the line.

Watched the F1 qualifying last night and was up at 5.30 this morning to watch the race so feeling a little tired.
Lizzie has a cold,Tom still has the flu and is very up and down,also has a nasty cough.

Chicken in the oven and veg done,trying to get through the mountain of washing which has built up again

Going to have one of Helena's power naps later me thinks

Helena Hope Dave's back right's itself x
For those not feeling well get better soon x

Have a good day all x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Happy St Patricks day

You are all so good at remembering everyone and what they have been up to, puts me to shame

H Daves symptoms sound just like when I "do" my back. Bl**dy awful

Well, we woke to about an inch and half of snow, no kidding, the most we have had all winter!
I didn't take any pics cos Helena laughs at me It's all melting now though and will soon be gone all together

Enjoy your Sunday all of you.
Morning Jenny. Snow Glad its going now hope it doesn't turn up here again.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good Morning and a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. Have a lovely day.
Morning LL.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Dry here at the moment, if it stays dry then will take Ash to training, if it starts pouring down then it will be Mabs, as Ash is too little to get soaked through, if they play out in the rain then they have the choice to go back into the dry onto dry shavings, but if out training then he will just get drowned and don't think he is as waterproof yet as Mabs is.
A walk-in NHS centre sounds a good idea, or maybe A&E because they'll be able to scan him or something and maybe see what it is. How on earth has he managed to do it Hope you're staying OK in the middle of both him and Zena needing your tender care!!!
Can't believe we're back on this rain business yet again, I was hoping we'd seen the last of it, because surely it is our turn for drought conditions
Have a safe journey to Barnsley because that is a long time to be in a car, then all the way back again as well, a very long tiring day for you.
Jenny I'm glad you got a decent sleep for the first time in a couple of days, what with all these wild nights out you're getting to be a bit of a night owl really
Norma, wondered what those little squares were all about sounds a nice Sunday dinner you're cooking.
I'm still eating the chicken casserole thingy I made the other day, but it is nice and tasty I have to say.
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Morning fellow members where on earth has spring gone , don't you get sick of gloomy skies and mud.

I have been waiting for the weather to improve before tidying Chloe up but it seems I may have a long wait so I am going to do a bit this morning.

Helena I hope Dave's back is better soon. Poor chap he does seem to have had a lot to contend with of late which must be difficult for both of you.

Enjoy your day everyone
Morning June enjoy training this morning. Hope you don't get to wet.
The chicken casserole sounds nice especially after training in the wet and cold weather.

Morning Pat. Hope you are ok today.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »