View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Oh and the vets are not charging me anything for them to do it there, by the way. Which is nice.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jacsicle View Post
Oh and the vets are not charging me anything for them to do it there, by the way. Which is nice.
Now that IS good to read.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 01:17 PM
So good I posted it twice and can't see how to delete!
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Well done for getting the drops in this morning. Pippa will be aware of the fact that you are more confident and probably wont resist as much. Good luck
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
My vets nurse didn't charge a collie owner who had to come in twice a day for a week or so for eye drops that the owners couldn't administer. The collie displayed similar behaviour when the owners tried.

Anyway, glad to hear you are able to do it yourself. Sounds like Pip was petrified of the whole procedure and your anxiety obviously didn't help. And now you have demonstrated to her that you will not stand any nonsense, she just accepts it. Well done.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Glad you got it worked out with her. Good job! I approach my dogs very matter-of-factly and they seem to know that i'm going to win and just give up and let me do what has to be done. On flea treatment day I do Rheana first as she is scared of it. Others give me the stink eye but stay still. Two of them don't care what I do. Even cutting nails is no problem as long as I do Rheana first.
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Managed a few times now and she seems to be snarling a little less and giving in a bit quicker each time! Poor love. But I feel so much more confident now, not just about the eyedrops but just handling her in general as although she was hardly ever like this I still had it in the back of my mind after similar struggles with harnesses, and the time she did actually bite me when she was younger. Now that I know for the most part that she isn't biting down I don't feel the same anxiety but also anger (the 'why would you do this to your mummy' irrational stuff!). And I can put the first bite down to hers and my inexperience, and her sharper puppy teeth (!) and the other times of 'tazzy devil' behaviour down to me backing off and her learning it works. I was secretly a bit worried Id raised an aggressive dog but now I don't think so. To be fair to her she's an angel most the time and so good in her training and stuff.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2