Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
UnfortunatlyI can't go now as after my shower its off to the vets. Not looking forward to Asda as its on the busiest junction in town and there has been reports of people queing for 45 mins to get out.
Was like that at tesco here yesterday. Manic. Good luck and take care
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Phew, batty bird is up..
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Great to hear Zena is still doing well.

Top heavy tree is still intact . It is rotten outside and I don't want to go out anywhere but Loki needs his walk and we have food shopping to do.

Happy Saturday everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Greetings all..

Well, drama here. When I went to get the dogs in from the outside utility.. collie was sodden and behold! A flood in there...blankets floating etc.

Clearly a pipe in the old pump has blown; seen this before in the other house so knew the sound well.

So I turned the water pump and all associated with it OFF and called the landlord who is calling the plumber. Being Ireland I stressed that this needs sorting NOW.
Else it gets left.

This for me is the great thing re renting.. maintenance etc.

Inside the house is fine thankfully.

Dried collie off, and wee dog was hysterical as she gets..

Storm in good shape out there ....

Ah well; should be fixed by Christmas!
Morning Rosebud, and oh my goodness, that must have been a bit of a shock!!! I hope they send those guys round for you today, otherwise, it could end up like it over Christmas. You take care and do what you can - maybe just shut the door!

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Bless old Georgie!
Yes, I am a bit excited but I know what I'm gettiing......shhhhhhh................

Bless her, she's a lovely if somewhat batty old girl. She's a 15 year old collie and she had 16 teeth out about 3 weeks ago! (In answer to the question that everyone thinks immediately when I say that...42!)
Lol, I wasn't gonna ask that!!! Hopefully, we'll all get to know on Christmas day then, but it sure is something exciting I can tell by your post! Glad the old girl is awake for you now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Great to hear Zena is still doing well.

Top heavy tree is still intact . It is rotten outside and I don't want to go out anywhere but Loki needs his walk and we have food shopping to do.

Happy Saturday everyone.
Morning Linda Glad you've got a bit of it left then cos I was wonderin' with that naughty little rascal doing the rounds whilst you are sleeping I know, just watching the news, poor Jenny in Devon it sounds diabolical down there, quite scarey, they're pumping thousands of gallons out of the river into the road now Yes, sadly, we've gotta walk in this too but like you say, they need their walk, so make it a quickie!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Morning H and all

It's peeing down here too. I am sure to get someone peeing on the floor as they are a nightmare when it's raining.

I hope the vet trip goes well Bev and that there is an improvement.

Oh Rosebud, poor wee doggy, probably thought they would drown!

I am off shortly to pick up my cousin and take him to the nursing home, still have clothing to label. I am off to work after that, just hope it isn't busy today as I have left poor Rhona on her own this morning. I am working all day tomorrow and then off until boxing day. Most of next week will be trying to keep my cousin amused, I am not really looking forward to it.

Have a good day all.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=Helena54;2641271]Morning Rosebud, and oh my goodness, that must have been a bit of a shock!!! I hope they send those guys round for you today, otherwise, it could end up like it over Christmas. You take care and do what you can - maybe just shut the door!

Just what I did! I let the dogs out and thought collie looked odd! Poor girl was sodden! Colie coat can hold a lo of water.

The plumber cum electrican is local and did the work on the extension etc here. So he should be here today. As the utility is separate he can just come and go and let me know when all is fixed

They are not early risers, the Irish so not holding my breath. This is the next of many repairs here; old house not lived in a while; needed new washing machine, new element to the immersion, new motor for the central heating... He is a good landlord thankfully not like some I have had. Like one place the toilet was not fastened to the floor and whgen the inevitable flood happened, that plumber ( who also drove the school bus!) said it was too wet for him to fix and never came back. I hovered all the time I lived there.

You think Ballykissangel was fiction!! That is mild compaerd to the reality of rural Ireland!

Off to light the range to get the place warm. And to give collie another rub.

The forecast seems fine for tomorrow but storm force today
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Good morning all although it don't look it - it's still dark out there and it's piddling it down

Rosie stayed in bed until 7.45 am this morning so that was good. Not so good is she's left half her breakfast which is unknown unless she's not feeling well. On the upside, she seems her normal, bouncy self at the moment so fingers crossed she's just not feeling very hungry.

More letters to sort at Gary's by the sounds of things. Fast as I get one thing sorted, something else crops up. I've a feeling that one of them is about his lost post office card which has been causing nightmares. The other is another letter from Queen's Medical so I've no idea what that is until I see it. I'll probably go to his flat early today because he tends to get in a panic when he gets letters until I tell them they have been sorted out.

No idea what we are doing today, but not a lot by the looks of the weather.

Have a good 'un all
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Morning H and all that follow.
Still raining, still blowing a gale, still flooded everywhere
My neighbour, elderly, lives alone, always comes into us at Christmas. This year she is going with relatives in Basildon..... if she can get there. I suspect I will be having one more for Christmas lunch
Nice to see you back Ramble
Rosebud hope your pipes get sorted soon.
Good luck at the vets Bev.
Hope Gary is ok when you get there Brierley
Hubby is poorly bad with the dreaded cold, which one of you passed it through cyber space?
Have a good day everyone I will drop in again later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Morning all.

I gave up at 8.30 last night Dillon had an hour of barking and being an absolute nightmare and I didn't feel well with this cough and cold so went to bed.
His paw seems fine it must of been the thorn and it had upset the pad for a while.

We have had our very wet walk and he went mental when he got in leaping at Gorden and grabbing his arm and doing zoomies round the living room. Thankfully now he is settled I am at a bit of a loss what to do with him really he just gets in this zone and listens to no one. Lets hope he gets better as he gets older and this is just a phase.

We are off to meet some friends for coffee later today and give them their christmas cake I made for them.

Glad to hear Zena is still wagging that tail.
Good luck at Asda Bev and the vet.
Poor collie RB I hope they sort the problem for you asap.
Good luck sorting all the letters Chris for Gary.
Got your dinghy Jen you might need it by the sounds of things. I hope you all manage to stay dry everyone especially in the SW.
Sorry if I have forgotten anyone.

Have a good day all.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »