Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Morning Jenny Glad to hear you were fit enough to take that morning stroll, and glad you wisely avoided that icy road and managed to get home safely. Don't go too mad with that housework, it could set you back again, but I'm sure Pepsi will be trying to help you
Like this do you mean?
This is what greeted me when I got up this morning!!

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Like this do you mean?
This is what greeted me when I got up this morning!!

Awwwwwwwwww.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Good morning all

Rain has gone and clear skies have replaced it. Quick walk with Rosie, back then the trek to hospital.

Please don't mention snow! I'm phobic about the stuff and it really would be the final straw right now.

Only two days of housework to catch up on? I wish!!!!

Have a good 'un all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
'morning Helena and all above

Bit more snow last night, but this morning the sun is shining and it's very crisp and nice outside. Have just given the girls their worming tablets and for once they took them with no problems (wrapped in sliced ham of course )

To all of you who are suffering in any way I send healing thoughts and for your dogggies too.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I do feel better today thanks H. I have just been for the paper it's a lovely crisp morning and I walked there quite well.
Very pleased to read that, love the photo of Pepsi too
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Good morning fellow members very cold here today and I have declined an invitation to go to town to see an automated polar bear whatever that is

Instead I am going to defrost and clean the deep freeze which is full of food so a tricky operation involving lots of cold boxes.

Jenny I hope you are feeling better and less sore.
Chris I hope you are feeling better too and please keep the snow on your side of the country

Have a pleasant day everyone
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Morning all,

Looks like we've had a very light fall of snow here. It's freezing too, so not looking forward to going out. I have to tho, Hubby's birthday today so off to get a card for him. He was out last night so is sleeping it off today.

Was going to be sorting Davie's room today but with himself sleeping, won't be doing that till later on. So I've dug out the poster paints and will be doing some art with Davie later.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Morning ALL

Freezing here, I am looking after my neighbours chickens whilst they are away I had to unfreeze their water container

Off to clean mine out now and put in loads of hay xxx

Have a great day folks xxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Awww - what a lovely piccie of Pepsi with her Dad! Regarding heating, when I finally had gas central heating fitted into my house [two winters before I emigrated!] I was advised to keep it on 24/7 at a relatively low but comfortable temperture, and my gas and electricity bills promptly plummeted.

Previously I had a gas fire in the living room, a gas heater in the hall, two electric convector radiators upstairs, and an electric immersion heater for hot water. The house was freezing in the winter and both gas and electricity bills were sky high. The house was so cold that the children used to go to bed wearing thick pyjamas, a dressing gown, and in a sleeping bag under their duvets.

The two winters that we were there with the ch the house was warm, we were warm, and as I say, the bills were a fraction of the pre-central heating ones.

Hmmm - 1 December 1969 was a Monday and it had snowed lightly and then frozen. My husband had come home after I did and parked his car behind mine, and when I went out in the morning to drive to the hospital to see my daughter I noticed that someone had skidded round the corner during the night and smashed into the back of my husband's car.

I think that was the final straw as [a] it would have been my fault for having parked first [] and [b] no way did I fancy that daily 50 mile round trip to the hospital and back. Oh, and I was 10 weeks pregnant at the time and sick as sick could be.

So I never went back home!

Rosebud - those floppy berets you knit sound really appealing and I would love to be able to order some from you, although I am not sure how I could.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all

Very cold & frosty here this morning,but nice & sunny now the fog has lifted
Been out shopping and trying on boots that hubby wants to get me for christmas,two pairs I didn't like when on and the pair I did like the stitching was coming undone at the zip so no good
Am off to Gloucester in a couple of weeks so should be able to get some from there
Then hubby & I had a few words about Christmas and I am getting stressed about it,what he fails to realise is I have others to buy for too,not just him and the kids,unlike him,who only buys me, and the kids.It's doing my swede in big time!
Made arrangements this morning to go back up to the Midlands to see family,so that's all sorted,I wasn't going to bother this year but O/H wanted to.....Nice day out travelling 2 hours there,2 hours back that's providing the weather is ok and there are no hold ups!

Washing is currently on the line,more in the machine to go on the radiators when done

Hope those that are feeling under the weather are feeling better soon and those poorly dogs too.

Have a good day all xx
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Rosebud - those floppy berets you knit sound really appealing and I would love to be able to order some from you, although I am not sure how I could.[/QUOTE]

pm me.. ( question mark not working) I do send a lot of things away like that
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »