View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Lucky why is a diet always the things you like and are not allowed to eat canīt it be the other way ?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks Azz. It sounds like what I eat mostly anyway - chicken, fish and lots of salad. I don't really do dairy very much anyway, or chocolate.

It's the mushrooms and the alcohol and the very occasional coffee that needs to go then.

Oh and the even more occasional baguette (but it's only about once or twice a month and it is granary )

Guess I kinda knew that would be the case.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Don't forget, the detox must be done 100%, doing it 70% or 80% or eveb 95% isn't the same, because there are certain things (toxins) that feed the bad bacteria inside you, so given then even small amounts, lets them live on - where as a 100% detox aims to kill them off

If anyone does this please let us know how you get on!

If anyone's interested - It totally transfored my life!! I never felt better than on detox..I even felt better than how I did when I was a kid!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I wonder why the choice of fruit is so limited ..

Surprisingly there is no mention of a lot of fruit..I practically live on fruit in the summer pineapple/melon/strawberries/raspberries/plums/blackcurrants/kiwis/ Apricots/peaches/grapefruit... all high in the essential Vitamin C/and anti oxidents ..I guess honey is out too and no mention of olive oil..
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I will give up the dust mites and take my chances with everything else I think

GOOD LUCK though to anyone following this through.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Lol nort Dibley!

Originally Posted by Minihaha
I wonder why the choice of fruit is so limited ..

Surprisingly there is no mention of a lot of fruit..I practically live on fruit in the summer pineapple/melon/strawberries/raspberries/plums/blackcurrants/kiwis/ Apricots/peaches/grapefruit... all high in the essential Vitamin C/and anti oxidents ..I guess honey is out too and no mention of olive oil..
Mini, surprisngly, alot of fruit is 'yeasty' or very high in natural sugar meaning it feeds one of the toxins/bad bacteria we aim to elimate: Candida

Melon, strawberry and grapes are partcularly not very good!

Extra Virgin Olive oil is definately allowed it's very good for you. As is organic Garlic and if you can stomach it, take a clove a day
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Hmmm i'm sure i could do that. I assume herbal tea is ok? i don't eat much dairy anyway except cheese. Probably wouldn't do me much good though as i don't eat meat, fish or any alternative protein. Definately something to consider in the future.
Meg
Supervisor

21-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Lol nort Dibley!

Mini, surprisngly, alot of fruit is 'yeasty' or very high in natural sugar meaning it feeds one of the toxins/bad bacteria we aim to elimate: Candida
Melon, strawberry and grapes are partcularly not very good!
Extra Virgin Olive oil is definately allowed it's very good for you. As is organic Garlic and if you can stomach it, take a clove a day
Oh I see.. yes grapes are indeed yeasty and full of sugar..they are the one fruit you are told not to eat when feeding a baby and strawberries are prone to 'moulds'so it follows they are yeasty..
Yes..I eat 'wet' organic garlic the sort with the long stems all juicy unlike the dried stuff ..There is masses of wild garlic growing 100yds away in the churchyard..that is organic too but somehow I don't fancy it
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

29-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Im allergic to garlic!!!!! Im being serious!
liz08
New Member!
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Hmm, that is an interesting detox diet posted. While I agree that fruit has a lot of sugars and isn't the best thing to eat while battling yeast, I do think fruit is an important and healthy part of a good diet. The sugars in it are natural. I found a detox diet that is pretty good. It's the 4321 detox and is a good way to cleanse and jump-start a diet or healthy eating habits. It has herbs in it to help burn far and cleanse the body (like green tea), so it's all natural. And it is meant to be done while eating normally, although the diet should be calorie-conscious and exercise is also recommended. Anyway, I like it because it promotes a healthy, but manageable lifestyle as well.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2