View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Bolty, I hope you have or will make it clear to the new owners of this dog that they may well be in for mega vets bills or have you insured her, if so may be the insurance can be transferred, but I do doubt it. If you don't let them know she may well be passed from hand to hand because of her difficulties and finish up being PTS, in which case it may be kinder for you to do that now. Why not have a thorough vet examination before you look for a suitable home for her so you can explain to her new owners just what will be involved. Not having a go at you but just pointing out the responsible thing to do, I am sure you will do the right thing but I thought that in the circumstances you may not yet thought about her future to that extent.
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-08-2005, 06:43 PM
just to add i am not looking to fall out with people, i dont understand why people are being like they are, am i doing somethink wrong tell me please as of to falling out with me.
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Bolty, I hope you have or will make it clear to the new owners of this dog that they may well be in for mega vets bills or have you insured her, if so may be the insurance can be transferred, but I do doubt it. If you don't let them know she may well be passed from hand to hand because of her difficulties and finish up being PTS, in which case it may be kinder for you to do that now. Why not have a thorough vet examination before you look for a suitable home for her so you can explain to her new owners just what will be involved. Not having a go at you but just pointing out the responsible thing to do, I am sure you will do the right thing but I thought that in the circumstances you may not yet thought about her future to that extent.
she is insured with pet plan, but if you are talking about her yellow thick discharge she has not had that for a good 3/4 weeks, or was there somethink you was talking about, let me no

http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/yel...elp_14740.html
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Awww Bolty, i have just read through all the posts on both threads, i think everything was said, and perhaps it is better left as it was IMO.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Think people are upset with you because you gave the impression that you were re-homing the dog because she was not developing in the way you had hoped. You now say it is because she is unable to manage stairs due to her poor conformation, that is a much better reason as long as the people taking her know the situation.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 06:54 PM
...say what you want, i am not having a dog **** in my house for the rest of its life, AND its my dog i can do what i want with IT

oh soz did you mean she's pooing in the house?This is what you said on the other(locked) thread?Again if this is the REAL problem you can easily fix it.I think we all just want to help here and are all thinking of Rubys best interests
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Bolty, I must say I'm really confused by all this. I've just caught up with the other threads, and unless I'm mistaken, there appears to be three possible reasons for you wanting to rehome Ruby:

Her size: "As for ruby no she is not what i think she should look like 4 her X's if she is the mix that the
**** said she was, so am thinking of getting rid have had this in my mind for a while"

The stairs: "ruby is getting a bit to mutch for the Mrs to carry down the stairs"

Her weeing in the house: "say what you want, i am not having a dog **** in my house for the rest of its life, AND its my dog i can do what i want with IT"

May I ask, how much does Ruby weigh?

Becs
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Think people are upset with you because you gave the impression that you were re-homing the dog because she was not developing in the way you had hoped. You now say it is because she is unable to manage stairs due to her poor conformation, that is a much better reason as long as the people taking her know the situation.
in the first link that i put she was only 8 weeks old, it mentioned in there that i was told by the vet that she would have a prob with the stairs, i did put her on a free add site, there was loads of people interested and loads of people ringing for her, if all i wanted was to get rid then surely she would not be hear now, i could not see her go with any 1 else she is my dog, but some times you have to do what is right not what you want.

thank you for this little chat Thordell
Bolty
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by bolty
in the first link that i put she was only 8 weeks old, it mentioned in there that i was told by the vet that she would have a prob with the stairs, i did put her on a free add site, there was loads of people interested and loads of people ringing for her, if all i wanted was to get rid then surely she would not be hear now, i could not see her go with any 1 else she is my dog, but some times you have to do what is right not what you want.

thank you for this little chat Thordell
Bolty
Agree with you, it is what is best for the puppy that is paramount, we do not know that only you and the vet know that, why did you advertise her, why did you not return her to her breeder if you thought your domestic situation was not suitable?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Bolty I am not quite sure of the purpose of this post or quite where it is going...are you seeking advice and if so what about ?
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »