View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
The Grocer
New Member!
Male 

03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks folks for the replies. Getting a tablet down her is like trying to concur Everest! Its been done but takes ages and not always successfull. I think I have the only dog that does not really do things for treats also. (although I have disguised tablets in food,and "plop" it comes out).
Many people give treats as a reward during training, it did not work with Rosie, she refuses them. However thankfully she reacts great to just old fashioned praise.....
The fact she analyses all her food so carefully is probably what saved her life in Greece (as many people lay poisons down for stray dogs).
Rosie was thrown out of a car outside our village and came to live with us........
(see http://greek-dog-rosie.blogspot.com/)
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Poor Rosie - it really must have stung as I would have thought she must be quite a tough cookie to have survived on the streets and being thrown out of a car

My last dog was a little devil taking tablets and what I did was hold her mouth wide open and get a family member to literally pop the tablet down her throat. It was a battle but to stop her managing to retain it in the back of her throat and spit it out later, I would then put some of her food in her mouth which meant she had to swallow.

I intent to read Rosie's blog while I have a coffee later.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2