View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh thank you! I was going to add 'go on let's see a piccie of the T-shirt' but thought you'd have enough on your hands as it is!

Love it. Must dig out my piccie of Bella wearing her Xmas Hoodie - she turned into a statue and would not budge an inch until we took it off!
TWOSOCKS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Thanks, please stop shouting though! no need for caps! haha
Ooops sorry didn't realise i'd hit the cap button lol
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Well poor old pup wasnt any better this morning, had another dose of piriton so that calmed it down but his ears stayed swollen and puffy? like they were full of fluid! Very perculiar. Anyway another vet visit it was so we went to my vet this time (who they are changing to anyway) and she wants to do more extensive testing on him Thank god hes insured!
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Hi, I have something called Nettle Rash it looks very simular. Do the bumps go down after a while and pop up in another place? I'm on antihistamines for the next month. I'ts a horrible thing to have very itchy, don't know what causes it though. Good luck with him x
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by miz66 View Post
Hi, I have something called Nettle Rash it looks very simular. Do the bumps go down after a while and pop up in another place? I'm on antihistamines for the next month. I'ts a horrible thing to have very itchy, don't know what causes it though. Good luck with him x
No they come up all over his body, go down with antihistamines and come up again in the same place once theyve worn off.

This is the poor love this morning

If anyone has any advice it will be much appreciated
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Morning

Are they itchy
Does he seem bothered by them
Is he eating and drinking
is he toileting ok
does he still want to go on walks

thats my first questions LOL
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning

Are they itchy
Does he seem bothered by them
Is he eating and drinking
is he toileting ok
does he still want to go on walks

thats my first questions LOL
Erm yes too all of these

He has had piriton and they are now going down at last, garuntee by 4pm they will be up again
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 07:53 AM
If they itch then covering them will make him warmer so they will discomfort him more.

Hives can be treated like nettle rash...piriton (like your doing) and by using the old wives treatment of nettles.....you pick the younger leaves of nettles boil them cool the water and drink.
How you get the dog to drink is another thing, you may have to syringe but it works well ( I get hives when I have been by something allergic too) the chances are its house dust & Pollen, Im suffering with a reaction to something as we speak so I know how he feels
Its not going to disappear but I find the two things above give lots of relief and nettle water will not do him any harm it cools the blood
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
If they itch then covering them will make him warmer so they will discomfort him more.

Hives can be treated like nettle rash...piriton (like your doing) and by using the old wives treatment of nettles.....you pick the younger leaves of nettles boil them cool the water and drink.
How you get the dog to drink is another thing, you may have to syringe but it works well ( I get hives when I have been by something allergic too) the chances are its house dust & Pollen, Im suffering with a reaction to something as we speak so I know how he feels
Its not going to disappear but I find the two things above give lots of relief and nettle water will not do him any harm it cools the blood
The only reason I put a tshirt on him is to stop him scratching the secondary skin infection on his shoulder, the hives had gone at this point and infact I took the tshirt off when we went to bed cause he was so dopey from the piriton he couldnt be bothered to scratch. Im reluctant to try anything new with him as hes not mine but i will pass this onto his owners, thanks steph
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 08:03 AM
No probs I know its a old fashioned thing, but it works and is a natural defence of help, which In my book is better than prescrip meds

Glad he's feeling brighter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >