View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 03:03 PM
think ill just opt for not leaving my dog in the car much easier, and cheeper. But a good product if leaving dog in car is something you have to do
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 03:04 PM
There was a post a few months ago (could have been longer) asking people`s opinions on this product, which the guy was developing. (May not have been this forum)
The concensus was that
(1) no-one was going to trust a text message to tell them their dog was in danger of dying (I`ve had texts not arrive itll the following day).
(2) it would encourage people to put their pets at risk and leave them in the car. Damage to vital organs can be done in a very short time.
(3) passers by might not alert police to an overheating dog if they assume the owner has an alarm.
So all in all..... a really bad idea.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Personally I wouldn't rely on one either.

Our phiilosophy is if we cannot take Dillon out and about with us he is better left at home in the cool and with plenty of water. We felt the same when we had Ollie too.

I daresay if people have no choice but to leave dogs in cars they might find it useful. I would worry how reliable it might be.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
There was a post a few months ago (could have been longer) asking people`s opinions on this product, which the guy was developing. (May not have been this forum)
The concensus was that
(1) no-one was going to trust a text message to tell them their dog was in danger of dying (I`ve had texts not arrive itll the following day).
(2) it would encourage people to put their pets at risk and leave them in the car. Damage to vital organs can be done in a very short time.
(3) passers by might not alert police to an overheating dog if they assume the owner has an alarm.
I completely agree with all of the above!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
The concensus was that
It was on here and most of us thought it was a stupid idea what if the batteries fail etc. I almost leave the boot up and padlock the dogs in if I have to leave them .
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I remember that thread. I didn't think it was a good idea.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I dont leave any of the dogs in the car ever. Its just a no go area. End of.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 06:33 PM
we have thermometers in the back of the dog vans that are for babys bedrooms. It bleeps alot if to hot or cold, but as our handlers are also in the van it works and it just a nice fail safe we have as these are working dogs so have to be there. the vans are equipped with those spinning roof vents and other gizmos to keep doggies happy. But wouldnt just have my dog in car for no reason
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Id love one of those spinning things when we get a van. We take our all ours to the dog shows and sometimes it means we have to take them in the car if we go shopping etc. They're perfectly safe I paid a fortune for rigid plastic crates that padlock and the car's a Kia so the boot completly lifts up.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Mine spend a lot of time in the van at dog shows, I would still never use a device like this for reasons already mentioned.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >