View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2012, 11:35 AM
A Bernese was my dream dog and in 2006 I was lucky enough to have my dream come true with Ollie. Then it all went wrong in 2011 and we had to say goodbye.

Dillon my second Bernese is again my dream I realised after owning one there is no other breed for me after much research into other breeds after losing Ollie.

They just get into my heart.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Based souly on temperament, wanted a bombproof and laid back dog. Grandparents & Great Grandparents always had Rough's, and after loosing three young dogs consecutively (two from same breeder pts due to believed inherent neurological problems, one returned to friend who bred her due to having too high a drive and refusing to accept life with my other bitch). Wise choice of breeds for us, as he takes everything in his stride.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I didnt really it just happened.

I was helping the breeder with the litter and even helped deliver some of the pups as they were getting stuck as mum was so unhappy (have to say i never intended to put my hand inside a bullmastiff and i never do again) I had quickly fallen in love with the little outcast puppy that played on her own and didnt want to be part of the litter i felt sorry for her aswell. She was shy but gave a good fight to her litter mates when it was needed and i could see she had the devil in her so she was named "diablo"
when the most of teh puppys had gone and it was just her and her brother left she started to come out of her shell and i fell in love even more. Almost 2 weeks after the other pups had gone the breeder told me she had finally found a home for "diablo" and they would be coming tomorrow. I picked her up and put her in my car - the thought of not seeing her again nearly killed me. My husband also nearly killed me when i got home with a puppy in tow. But 5 years on and were still in love and wouldnt change a thing
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Sadie - not mine. But they'd always had BC's and BCx's.

Benjie - they needed a dog that was good with small furries as they owned rabbits. They forgot to think about everything else - it's easy to keep dogs and rabbits apart. I wouldn't have chosen him tbh.

Louie - a gift. I'm not particularly a fan of labs and admire Springers but don't think I'll own one. However the two together clicks well for me. And....

Pennie - Louie is fab so why not get another, however Pennie was meant to be a CC (pp) but the litter had sold by the time OH finally got round to saying yes (which he didn't really say yes)

Next time it will be something small and not me at all!

Edit - mine aren't breeds though..
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I wanted a large-ish breed that wasn't too high maintenance coat wise, liked long walks and could come out with me and my horses.

I had always admired Dalmatians and thought they were lovely looking dogs, I did loads of research on breeds when I was looking for another dog and kept coming back to Dalmatians.
I then saw Cooper on a rescue site and knew I had to have him
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:52 AM
The breed is in my blood..............BC's and JRT's the family have always owned them for generations.......the rest is history.
fantastic funny,clever and loyal dogs.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
A Bernese was my dream dog and in 2006 I was lucky enough to have my dream come true with Ollie. Then it all went wrong in 2011 and we had to say goodbye.

Dillon my second Bernese is again my dream I realised after owning one there is no other breed for me after much research into other breeds after losing Ollie.

They just get into my heart.
I'm the same as far as dream breeds go Lynn. I'd been in love with Vizsla's for years and years but just couldn't have a dog because of my hours at work and travel. It just wouldn't have been fair.

When we moved and I started working from home we knew that the time was right to realise the dream.

Vizsla's fitted our bill because not only do we love the look of them but we wanted a dog with high energy that suited our love of the outdoors.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 12:01 PM
cavvie - he was bought as 'my' dog when i was just 6! So parents wanted something small with an even temperament, and a real people dog. We're not terrier people so they were off the list, mum heard about a friend who's cav was pregnant, but sadly miscarried but they'd set on one by then, found a breeder and i got sweep!

Greyhound - wanted a racing dog, didn't leave options too open!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Visited a friends house and fell in love with her aged staffy, researched the breed thoroughly and then got myself a little girl kc registered and am now on my 2nd and 3rd staffys I just love their happy smiley faces and infectious puppy fun
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 12:42 PM
I just wanted a large dog that was protective and good with kids. I stumbled upon Estrelas quite by accident and found they have many more benefits too - they don't shed a lot, they don't eat a lot, they don't need tons of exercise or tons of grooming. For me they are a very easy breed to live with.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »