Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Yes, often unfortunatly they do.
He is restrained by an in car harness normally, but it touched his back, so currently he won't ware it. I have one of those covers that attaches to the head rests of the front seats so he can't fall of the seat and can't go flying through the middle if we do have a crash. Basically a very paranoid Mummy here! But I will fill the back of the car with blankets, his quilt and some pillows so it is nice and snuggle for him and not so bouncy and bumpy. He is perfect in the car! (other than travel sickness but he lasts about 30mins now).
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. And good luck with all of it. Over anxious 'dog mum' here too! But where my kids were concerned it was 'if it does not involve broken limbs or a LOT of blood - you are GOING TO SCHOOL!'
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:52 PM
As for the chiropractor, did you find one through the vet? Do they cost a lot?
Is there any way to know if it is a trapped nerve?
I didn't have a vet referral.....I was advised by someone on-line to try a chiro. I wasn't even aware there were chiros that treated animals. I found the chiro in my area from this site....
http://www.mctimoney-corley.com/

The charge is £25/visit and we are there for as long as it takes, usually about an hour.

I did tell my vet I'd taken Jack for manipulation and he was impressed with the difference in his back posture.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by parsonsmum View Post
I didn't have a vet referral.....I was advised by someone on-line to try a chiro. I wasn't even aware there were chiros that treated animals. I found the chiro in my area from this site....
http://www.mctimoney-corley.com/
Thanks, just been on the site. I also didn't know about this until I posted this topic, but it makes sense that they are around.

Found on one of the pages
Before any animal practitioner can treat your animal, he/she needs veterinary approval - it is against the law for anyone apart from the vet or owner to undertake treatment of an animal.

You apparently have to sign a disclaimer saying that you have discussed it with your vet and the animal is suitable for the procedure.
Could be a new thing. I will speak to the vet about this option.
Thanks again everyone, means a lot to know you all care and want to help
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Oooh.....I don't know if that's a new thing or not.
Jack had been to the vet but the chiro never asked for anything to be signed.
Best speak to your vet first then. Good luck.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2