Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Sorry SB, I'd not heard of it when I replied. I've just frightened myself googling it so I think I'll wait and see what the vet says when the blood profile is back. He hasn't got any of the other symptoms of aspergillosis so, if it is that, I just hope we've caught it early - the some of the treatments sound horrendous!
Thats why I didn't go into any detail Ollie's neurologist thought he had this alongside all his other problems and when she gave the symptoms over to the general medical team plkus some photos his nose had started to lose pigmentation they thought so too. We knew for Ollie because of his temperament and he was so ill anyway that test and treatment were out of the question for him so we were going to treat believing he did have this becuae of he did and we didn't treat it is not a very nice outcome. He was on a road to not getting well anyway. Once we had sourced the drugs it has to be human medication and when we recieved the prescription he went downhill anyway and we never got to treat even.

Thank you SB I am aware it is fungal infection. I have researched it very well alongside information from Ollie's neurologist.

It probably isn't this and is something like a foreign object or even his blood pressure maybe. Wishng him well soon and a quick and easily treatable treatment.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Thank you SB I am aware it is fungal infection. I have researched it very well alongside information from Ollie's neurologist.
You are welcome, always happy to help.

Farmers Lung is something that not all people are aware of in humans let alone dogs.

Fortunately most people never come across it.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It probably isn't this and is something like a foreign object or even his blood pressure maybe. Wishng him well soon and a quick and easily treatable treatment.
Thanks Lynn.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Layla, it was Thursday evening just after I fed them, I saw it on his bowl (and the other bowls that he had licked clean!).

Lynn, yes, a vet nurse friend mentioned this yesterday and it does seem a possibility.

He had another one yesterday morning at breakfast and again this morning, with nothing (that I've noticed) in between. Very strange!
Could he have knocked himself which caused an initial bleed and then he is disturbing it again which is making it bleed while it heals?

Mav had a few nosebleeds last year, he tripped on landing after a jump and hit his head on the floor, I noticed a nosebleed an hour or so afterwards and then for 3 days afterwards he would bleed, then was fine.

Fingers crossed yours is ok.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Could he have knocked himself which caused an initial bleed and then he is disturbing it again which is making it bleed while it heals?

Mav had a few nosebleeds last year, he tripped on landing after a jump and hit his head on the floor, I noticed a nosebleed an hour or so afterwards and then for 3 days afterwards he would bleed, then was fine.

Fingers crossed yours is ok.
Thanks Layla. It's possible but I have a nagging feeling he's got a fungal infection. I looked up his nose a few minutes ago and there are very small lesions around the inside of his nostril. He is smearing a little pale blood around now and then as well.

I'm trying not to think the worst! Can I have any more bad luck....................?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 04:35 PM
have u treated for lungworm?.....
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
have u treated for lungworm?.....
Oooh no, thank you Tupacs, another one to check out!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Oooh no, thank you Tupacs, another one to check out!
its a one to rule out and easy to do... lungworm can cause clotting problems.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
its a one to rule out and easy to do... lungworm can cause clotting problems.
Yes, I've just googled it and it's certainly a possibility. I noticed the vet was checking his gums on Friday and assumed it was just routine but she could have been checking for anaemia. I have to take my pup in tomorrow for some x-rays so I shall have a word then. Thanks again.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Well the vet doesn't think it's lungworm but I'm dosing him up on Panacur anyway so it will be interesting to see if the bleeding stops. I'll report back in seven days!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >