Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Enjoy your holiday Vicki. Bev I hope today doesn't wear you out too much as you have such a busy day tomorrow. Your mum is going to be over the moon. Helena that made me chuckle about the ball and the puddle I always worry about my wellies coming off.

Dillon had a good first night little restless to begin with but soon settled he was in with us last night and will be tonight just to give him time to adjust and I don't fancy him unwrapping everyone's presents as well as his own.

Merry Christmas Eve all have a nice day.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Good Morning Vicki, Good Morning All

I am pleased to say I am all ready ! So a lovely day today with the doggies and a bit of house cleaning and then an evening out with our friends have a great day everyone and enjoy all your are doing
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Good morning all!!! Merry Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!

The weather is GORGEOUS!!!

The Prezzies are all wrapped!

and now, as it's 4 am and I have to be up at 10, I'm off to bed! LOL

Have a great Christmas Eve everyone!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Good Morning all,

Well, busy busy so far, cleaning for the most part. We are currently tracking Santa and he's approaching New Zealand

Today shall be pretty darned busy, Davie's already cleaned his room for Santa coming and I've been in the kitchen most of the morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-12-2011, 12:04 PM
'afternoon one and all

Just in case I don't log in tomorrow may Iwish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

And to all our cannine friends wherever they may be, may they enjoy at least one day in the year without hunger, fear, or cold.
chicky123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2011, 12:32 PM
A very happy Christmas to you all..Hi Malka,take care...xx

Clemmy our lovely Anatolian Shepherd,is taking in the smells of me cooking the baked Ham and Pork today,to free up the oven for tomorrow,when we will cook the Turkey Crown...Her second Christmas with us,bless her...

Enjoy everyone...
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Afternoon Vicki, Afternoon All

Had a slightly crazy walk earlier. We had a few things left to do so I took Max out while Dave got on with them. Had a lovely walk, got back to the car and went to get my car keys out - no keys Did the usual checking each pocket and then frantically rechecking. No keys anywhere. In Max's youth I would simply have retraced our steps but I wasn't sure when they had fallen out so they could have been quite a way away and Max wouldn't cope with the walk twice.

Fortunately I have some spare keys and even more fortunately I know where they are. So Dave came out with my spare keys and we put Max in the car. I thought they might have come out when I gave Max a treat as turned round to head on back. We drove to the other end of the walk and I went to were we had turned round. No keys. Dave drove back to the end where we had started from and he started looking again while I did the walk backwards. I saw Dave walking towards me and then he started jumping up and down waving. He found them where Max had turned round and looked at me, I had given him a big bear hug and then we had started running along back towards the car. Phew!

Fortunately the rest of the day has run more smoothly.

Have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
while I did the walk backwards.
That made me laugh, shades of Spike Milligan singing "I'm walking backwards to Christmas" from the Goons ( I expect you're far too young to remember them )

Seriously 'tho I'm glad you found them, would have been a pain to have to get new ones cut and were the house keys on the same ring would mean new locks too.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone-hope you are not all too frazzled by preparations?

Jamie had his usual bright idea of "Why don't we have a wander round the shops" on Christmas Eve! I just say Off you go then" and we do something more sensible instead!

What is wrong with a man wanting to browse round shops on probably the busiest day of the year!!

We had a lovely quiet walk on the beach and it was pleasantly mild weather too.

I had a small disaster with the custard for my trifle as it had more lumps in than custard Jamie was killing himself laughing at the look of it which wasn't terribly helpful but I managed to mix most of them in and then sieved it onto the jelly so is fine now.

I am wondering if the trifle will be nice or revolting though as it is orange jelly with apricots in brandy on sponge and chocolate custard. Hmm-why did I think that would be a good combination Think I better go and try some in a minute before inflicting it on anyone else.

Have a good Christmas everyone.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2