Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks, we're working on it....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Well, apparently he did exactly as it said on that video (thanks Murf), but the AV on the Source menu was greyed out? We have 5 coloured jacks on our lead which came with the tv, but the lead from the Wii has the 3 coloured jacks.

He did it as described in the user manual, but still the AV was greyed out, which of course, he needs to be in. What he can't understand is, if they've supplied the leads (those 5 coloured jack leads with a pin thing t'other end) drawn diagrams of where to plug them in blah, blah, blah, why doesn't it work?

He's going for the scart option, although he said he will try this again at the week-end from this video you've supplied, so thanks very much for that Murf.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, apparently he did exactly as it said on that video (thanks Murf), but the AV on the Source menu was greyed out? We have 5 coloured jacks on our lead which came with the tv, but the lead from the Wii has the 3 coloured jacks.

He did it as described in the user manual, but still the AV was greyed out, which of course, he needs to be in. What he can't understand is, if they've supplied the leads (those 5 coloured jack leads with a pin thing t'other end) drawn diagrams of where to plug them in blah, blah, blah, why doesn't it work?

He's going for the scart option, although he said he will try this again at the week-end from this video you've supplied, so thanks very much for that Murf.
The 5 phono option is called component the 3 option the wii uses as standard is composite ..

Did it not come with a 3.5 to 3 phono adaptor as well as the one you tried ??
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Helena,

Have you managed to get your wii sorted out? Will the 3 point adapter with scart solve the problem?

I'll get Jo to contact you when she gets home from work if you need any help. I am sure she will get you up and running.

I am absolute rubbish with technology It comes as second nature to the kids, doesn't it?
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2011, 06:50 AM
we have the same tv and use my wii on it using the composite cable mentioned and then select the component option, using the source option. I 'll post pictures of the cable and set up, if you want?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
The 5 phono option is called component the 3 option the wii uses as standard is composite ..

Did it not come with a 3.5 to 3 phono adaptor as well as the one you tried ??
No Murf, it didn't, but because the people he bought it from did all the setting up, maybe they went off with it like they did with the 2 pairs of 3D glasses that we needed He's going to set it all up tomorrow from all the help and advice on here and that video, so this could be a loooooong one here!

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Hi Helena,

Have you managed to get your wii sorted out? Will the 3 point adapter with scart solve the problem?

I'll get Jo to contact you when she gets home from work if you need any help. I am sure she will get you up and running.

I am absolute rubbish with technology It comes as second nature to the kids, doesn't it?
Thanks Deb, but he is far too stressed out last night for me to even go there, and I didn't want to send him over the edge lol! I'm the same as you with tv's, and I daren't touch it! Mind you having said that, it was ME who managed to get the 3D actually working whilst on the phone to Sky, not Dave and his techie mate who was sitting next to him that night, no, it was meeeeee! Might appreciate some help from Jo over the week-end once he's got into it. The Get up and Dance is on it's way, but as yer know, I'm a tad handicapped atm to try it out!!

Originally Posted by kazer View Post
we have the same tv and use my wii on it using the composite cable mentioned and then select the component option, using the source option. I 'll post pictures of the cable and set up, if you want?
Thanks kazer, Dave said that would be brill if you could do that over the week-end. He's already done it your way he said, using the component option on the source menu, but still nothing Let's see how he gets on with it first before bothering you to take some pics, but thanks for the offer, you never know, with all this help, he might be able to get it fired up for me!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Is that another lead we SHOULD have with our tv then Murf?

This is what we have:
The lead supplied with the tv is the TOP one, and the bottom lead is the one from the Wii

Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2011, 01:06 PM
That pic was from a review of a samsung tv ..
i dont know for sure but going by that video from Samsung and the fact you do need it to plug a composite item in ...
Do you have a contents list?? ..
The 2 remotes and such...?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 01:10 PM
That's a point, there should be a contents list somewhere, I'll have to find the manual coz he keeps it hidden from me (wonder why!). I've also got a drawer full of electrical "bits" that came with various items over the years, which I was never allowed to throw away, but still remains intact, never to be used, I'll have a dig about in that too and see what I can find. Thanks for all the help Murf, much appreciated, coz I really do want this new piece of kit working even if he'll never use it, I know I will!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >