View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Poor little pup. I was under the belief that if the litter mother was up to date with her inoculations (which one would hope she is as she has been used for breeding) she would automatically have passed on some protection to all of her pups. It is therefore more likely that a visitor to the breeders house has taken the virus in on their shoes or something or the breeder doesn't have her dogs injections up to date. The pup should have had it's first injection at around 7 weeks, so it's also possible the pup picked it up at the vets? Hope the little pup survives!
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2011, 01:52 AM
So sorry to hear about your friend losing their puppy

Here is a link to some useful parvo info
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/the_...e_environ.html
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
The breeder just said they pups can catch it from mum not that she ever had it. But the other pups are okay.
The vet said the pup has had the virus for 7+ days my friend has had the dog for four. Poor little mite been pts now =[
ATD x
I am sad to hear that the vet has had to put this pup to sleep. It must be a very upsetting experience for your friend and I hope they will be able to get to the bottom of how the pup came to be infected with parvo.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 11:12 AM
If they have only had the pup for 4 days before having to pts and the vet says that the pup had to have had it for at least 7 days then in my opinion it would be safe to assume that the pup picked it up whilst at the breeders and therefore was technically unfit for sale at the time of purchase. I would be getting the vets opinion in writing and taking it to the breeder and insist on being compensated for what they have been put through especially as it now means they will not be able to get another pup now they have recently had parvo on the premises.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2