View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 08:57 AM
There were two suicides by hanging in our local park in the last year and both were found by the same person, who I know. He had a lot of bad dreams for a while about it. It hopefully wouldn't find any as I don't walk the dogs in the mornings as a rule.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I know someone who found a suicide (hung himself) in the woods once, (it seems to be a favorite spot) I found what looked like a abandoned car once, with two naked bodies inside, but they were NOT dead
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:30 AM
I came across a young stag (deer that is and not a man ) which was dreadfully injured. I thought it had been hit by a car as it's shoulder was all caved in. I called the RSPCA (useless), local vets (useless) so ended up calling my horse vet from when I'd had a horse some years ago. He came out and shot the stag. This was last October and the vet was sure it was a 'rutting' injury as on closer inspection there were puncture wounds also. Poor thing but at least he was put out of his pain.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I came across a young stag (deer that is and not a man ) which was dreadfully injured. I thought it had been hit by a car as it's shoulder was all caved in. I called the RSPCA (useless), local vets (useless) so ended up calling my horse vet from when I'd had a horse some years ago. He came out and shot the stag. This was last October and the vet was sure it was a 'rutting' injury as on closer inspection there were puncture wounds also. Poor thing but at least he was put out of his pain.
Thats wonderful that you endured a search to find someone to help him. He would have suffered a slow and painful death otherwise Some people think 'thats nature', but if we can help, why shouldnt we???
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I found what looked like a abandoned car once, with two naked bodies inside, but they were NOT dead
lmao weren't the steamed up windows a give away??
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
ended up calling my horse vet from when I'd had a horse some years ago. He came out and shot the stag. ...at least he was put out of his pain.
And still edible.

(Sorry)

It's law of averages. Vast majority of people out walking early have got to be walking the dog.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:57 AM
My aunties dog bonnie (beareded collie)) found a human hand
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I've found two bodies The first one was a man who had hung himself in the woods of our local park. Had to phone the Police & Ambulance. This was about 4 years ago when Taffy was only a pup. The emergency people asked over the phone was he dead? I said I don't know I'm not going near enough to check. It was school half term as well & kids are very often around there so I was glad it wasn't one of them that had found him. It was mid afternoon.
The second one was a few weeks ago When I was 2nd on the scene when a body was found washed up in the Mersey. Somebody had just phoned the Police when I got there. That was a bit gruesome. He was very bloated & had propeller cuts on his legs off the boats . You could see the muscles & stuff in his legs. The police thought he had been in the water about 3 weeks. I dont know if they have found out who he was yet.
I'm just hoping that they dont come in threes!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15141200
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-15436201

Found near my shop by a dogwalker.
Not found the mother yet
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Everytime I head out I do my usual check in the dog bag, long line, water, treats, poobags then with the mental phrase if 'body found by dogwalkers' I check I have my mobile phone!

Not found a human body, but have found cats and a dog once along the side of the road. No collar or tags on any of them and no one wanted to know. Not dog warden, police, no one. The poor dog was a terrier and just curled up under the hedge, he must have crawled there after he was hit made me very upset, but there wasnothing I could do, too far from home to try and carry him anywhere...

He was gone when I walked past the next day so maybe his owners found him.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >