Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2011, 07:45 PM
For me it was what the meats contained in respect of vitamins etc.,

The vitamins to supplement with and why and the dosages. The reasons you need to use some vitamins with certain foods and that with particular meats the dog may not store them. The fact you cannot overdose on particular vitamins and lists these.

So much and too much to list. I learnt a lot I must say and am so pleased I have the book to use and refer too along with my notes made for easy reference.

I thought I had it right with Ollie but I wish I had had this book then I know it would not of made a jot of difference to his health problems but I am very confident feeding this way now I must admit I have been very up in the air what to feed when I get new puppy and have been looking at top of the range wet foods but I will not be going down that route now it will be raw all the way for me and it all makes so much sense this time around.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I've just borrowed this off a friend to read so will let you know what I think. God is it sad I'm excited to read a book on raw food?
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I really enjoyed this book too, it made me decide to feed veg to my dogs as thought before they didn't really need them. i don't have a copy but borrow it from the library from time to time.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
well i am reading it. havent got very far because ive been doing other things. but from what ive read from it so far ive found interesting. ive mainly read so far about the problems with comercial dog foods, and what all the vitamins and nutrients do, and what happens when dogs dont get them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well i am reading it. havent got very far because ive been doing other things. but from what ive read from it so far ive found interesting. ive mainly read so far about the problems with comercial dog foods, and what all the vitamins and nutrients do, and what happens when dogs dont get them.
I felt I learnt a lot from it. I thought I knew enough when feeding Ollie this way but I was surprised to read things I didn't know about. I will be far more confident feeding new pup this way with this book to hand.
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I bought these books about 15 years ago ( I think ) and have been following the diet ever since. Three of the dogs were older so followed give a dog a bone method. Since then I've fed three from pups following the pup book. I find it really easy to feed, once you get your head round it, and especially like the amount to feed guide lines as you always feel you want to make sure they get the right amount. Would happily recommend them to anyone.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
i want the pup book but its £35... no way on this earth can i spare that on a book right now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2011, 07:05 PM
i want the pup book but its £35... no way on this earth can i spare that on a book right now
I found the pup one on line and to be honest went for the one we both have didn't see there was much difference as this book covers feeding puppies too then goes onto adult.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I found the pup one on line and to be honest went for the one we both have didn't see there was much difference as this book covers feeding puppies too then goes onto adult.
i think the other one covers what to do when you start weaning pups although, i think with this book im reading, plus the guide someone posted on here that a woman did when she reared her litters of GSD on, i think i should have it pretty much covered, if daph ever decides to come into season!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2011, 07:09 PM
i think the other one covers what to do when you start weaning pups although, i think with this book im reading, plus the guide someone posted on here that a woman did when she reared her litters of GSD on, i think i should have it pretty much covered, if daph ever decides to come into season!
Yes it does cover weaning which would be useful if you are going to breed.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >