Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
No he only had the sardines this afternoon and the constipation (if thats what it was) came before the sardines. You never know the oil in the sardines might help 'things' to slide out better tomorrow

no only joking Foxy won“t get it from tinned sardines
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Have not read the thread where you are saying about constipation but I do not think it is his normal diet nor any extras in the way of tinned fish. Know little about the food you are giving but if it suits your pocket and the dog likes it and is fit and healthy I would not worry about it. Would also try a raw egg, complete with shell somtimes if you like to give a little extra to his complete food.

Had to edit again.........perhaps what I really need is to open a bottle
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Have not read the thread where you are saying about constipation but I do not think it is his normal diet not any extras in the way of tined fish. Know little about the food you are giving but if it suits your pocket and the dog likes it and is fit and healthy I would not worry about it. Would also try a raw egg, complete with shell somtimes if you like to give a little extra to his complete food.

Thanks for the info Thordell. I didn't know you could give dogs an egg complete with shell He might not be constipated it might have just been a one-off. I will eagerly await his next 'poo' - well maybe 'eagerly is not the right word here
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
no only joking Foxy won“t get it from tinned sardines

He might if he ate the tin as well
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Yep mine love tinned fish particularly pilchard in tomato sauce but I always give other fish in oil and if I drain tuna of the oil for us to eat the dogs get the oil on their coat.

Personally I don't see fish giving constipation fresh, dry or tinned, bones seem to be the most likely cause of constipation or too much meat with no added biscuit, rice or veg.

...on their coats... Wake up woman, I meant dinner - not even opened the bottle, honest
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks Thordell His usual diet is Wafcol Salmon and Potato but I have been giving him Wafcol chicken and corn for the last few days because he was getting a bit fed up with the salmon and potato I think.

I believe you haven't been drinking ..........honest
Sardines or tuna is great Foxy, but not in the brine. I have put Georgie back on his Wafcol Salmon and Potato as I think the bag of Burns must have gone off as he kept getting the runs, and he seems to be fine now back on Wafcol, so I'm sticking with it. I might try him with the chicken and corn after this bag, as he has chicken sprinkled over his food.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Sardines or tuna is great Foxy, but not in the brine. I have put Georgie back on his Wafcol Salmon and Potato as I think the bag of Burns must have gone off as he kept getting the runs, and he seems to be fine now back on Wafcol, so I'm sticking with it. I might try him with the chicken and corn after this bag, as he has chicken sprinkled over his food.

Hi Helena, Is the brine one the salty water one? Yes Benji seems to prefer the chicken and corn one to the salmon and potato one, although that might be cos he is sick of having the same old thing everyday It must be awful to be a dog and have the same food every day mustn't it. The chicken and corn one is cheaper than the Salmon and potato one. The salmon and potato is £7.99 a bag at pets at home and the chicken and corn one they are doing on special offer for £4.99 or something like that.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

20-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Sardines any way are good for them, supposed to be brain food I think???

Would give the brine ones a miss tho, yep thats salty water
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-07-2005, 10:02 PM
mine love the sardines in tomato sauce :smt078 I think they are Asdas smart price ones at less than 20p a tin.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 09:37 AM
my 2 get fish about 3 times a week - sardines in tomato sauce, mackeral in tomato sauce or coley (you can buy it in the frozen fish section and just pop it in the microwave for a few minutes)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >