View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Well this lad I was speaking to, was an idiot if every there was one, you could tell he loved the idea that the dog pulled him like a freight train, lunging at other dogs, and the lad had a big grin on his face, this is a disaster waiting to happen I feel, although the dog was lovely to look at and in very good condition its temperment left a lot to be desired.and this lad indicated that there were plenty of people wanting to "use" him. so I can see a flood of its progeny walking our streets in the near future. This is the type of idiot that will end up getting the breed an even worse reputation than they already have. if I knew for definate they were supposed to be neutered or muzzled, I could have mentioned this to him, but to be honest I dont think he would have been the slightest bit bothered, and in fact may even boost his macho image he has of himself and his dog. Its so frustrating when you come face to face with a situation like this.

Mo
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 11:09 PM
couldnt agree more Mo - sadly all too many young lads come up to me in the street and literally crouch down to see if bruno still has "his bits " to see if he is available for stud. its ridiculous and sad.

All I would say though is whilst Bruno does the same as what you describe this lads bull terrier was doing - ie: going mad when other dogs is around etc - I woudl dread to think that people think I want him like that and I always explain wherever possible that he is a rescue and that he has other dog issues which we are trying to rectify as i certainly dont want people to think that I like him dog aggressive...

Its a sad fact that all too often these breed types are desired by complete fools who want them for the status and "hardness" factor when in reality they are such amazing dogs to own for their character.

You dont realise until you have one how much negative attitude there are to them - as people automatically assume that you are a total hard nut for owning one and that you have it for the wrong reasons.

All I have mine for is so he can slobber all over me and I will never understand why anyone would want to fight these wonderful dogs. I am talking breed specific to Staffie's now but could apply the same to pits, bulldogs, rotties , mastiffs etc.

The day I see a big hard man walkign along the street with a poodle - I will be delighted !! LOL
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2005, 06:49 AM
I would inform the right people about him or the dog, although its not the dogs fault... in the near future it could cause all sorts of problems from a complete idiot like this.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Kirsty, thats where the problem lies with me, as this topic was started about a good dog threatened with death penality just for not having a muzzle on, I dont think I could be the one responsible to have another dog possibly put into this position. as this one is not neutered AND dosnt have a muzzle I dread to think what would happen, even though I have concerns regarding it being bred off.

I must point out both my brother and sister have staffies, and they are just the best dogs you can come across, although can be a bit off with other dogs. my own dogs can also be a bit off with other dogs, but the difference is we as a family do our best to try NOT to promote this, whereas this lad was obviously very pleased with the behaviour of his dog.

Mo
craig
Dogsey Junior

14-07-2005, 08:47 AM
i think this is a total out rage aswell, the poor old dog, i have owned pit bulls in the past and they are the best dog i have ever had, and i to have been a victime of the DDA but i beat the courts luckly.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2