View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
annette38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-07-2011, 09:07 PM
hi i would reccomend vetzyme flexible joint with glucosamine its worked wonders on my rottie she developed arthritis when she had to have an hystraectimy ( sorry about the spelling ) its made all the difference to her.
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
I swear by Cortaflex (for dogs & cats) (www.fermain.com) - all my dogs have been on it once they got old or had dodgy joints and its amazing stuff, they do a human version too.

Thanks another one to have a look at and research!

I have also used a Bio-Flo collar on my GSD and Rottie and it was amazing although it doesnt work for all dogs - if I took it off my Rottie I would notice a change ie struggling to get up etc with 48 hours.
Thats really interesting, Id never thought of something like this.

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Yumove, its fantastic. Got my HD dog off of Rimadyl/metacam.

Should work brill with your problem

http://www.lintbells.com/online-stor...FQEa4QodvRLdWQ
Another good one to look into, thanks

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I would say the best thing is to reduce the weight of your dog and keep on the lean side as the less pressure, the less pain and inflammation, this means you can keep under better control with less supplementation/medication which can only be good.
Becky
He has had his weight checked this week and the vets are happy with it at the minute, he is just over 24.5kg at the minute. We will obviously keep an eye on this as I realise its a factor.

Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
The only 2 I have found to be effective are Cosequin and Seraquin I have tried others and found they dont work with my dog
Ive seen these and will have look into them, thak you.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I took the route of Glucosomine and Chondroitin and also Green Lipped Mussel with Sam. He was diagnosed with severe HD and arthritis at 6 years old. He's now 15 and a half and it's only the past (approx) 18 months to 2 years where things progressively worsened to the point of needing more traditional pain relief.
This was exactly what I had thought about doing

Originally Posted by annette38 View Post
hi i would reccomend vetzyme flexible joint with glucosamine its worked wonders on my rottie she developed arthritis when she had to have an hystraectimy ( sorry about the spelling ) its made all the difference to her.
Thanks another good one to have a look at

Obviously I know that this is a personal choice and that each case is different and what one dog may respond to another may not. Thank you for all your suggestions it has given me a lot to start with and hopefully we will find something that works well for us with a bit trial and error!

Ali and Obi
doggy071111
New Member!
Male 

17-08-2011, 06:40 PM
If you're concerned about arthritis, I'd definitely refer to the link below. It was very helpful for my golden retriever who suffered from horrible arthritis.

Good luck! Hope this helps!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2