View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Oh dear, but no point worrying about it!

A few years ago my dozy brother was having an affair and sending a text to his bit on the side but accidentally sent it to his wife........ Not a good thing to do!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
A few years ago my dozy brother was having an affair and sending a text to his bit on the side but accidentally sent it to his wife........ Not a good thing to do!
OMG you lot are giving me a good laugh today.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
My OH took our son to footie yesterday and one of the other parents took her son, apparently she had told them all about it and was rather angry. I would actually prefer it if she confronted me about it rather than blank me. Footballs off for a few weeks so i'll lie low for a while, its going to be uncomfortable though when i do eventually see her !
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Oh dear, but no point worrying about it!

Jeez thats worse than what i've done
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Just to bring you up to speed....i still haven't seen her faceto face but apparently she is going round the other footie parents telling them whats happened and how cross she is etc etc, i am really tempted to send her a text asking why shes going round telling everyone about it and not talking to me about it instead. I would rather have it out personally. So shall i keep schtum and wait until i see her and she if she says anything or send the text ?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh dear that's not nice. Perhaps you should try and have a word in her shell-like rather than all this childish back-stabbing she's doing?

My best friend wrote a long e-mail to her ex-Mother-in-law and Father-in-law saying how angry she was about how they had accepted their son's partner after he had been having an affair for a year that my friend didn't know about. She had a 3 year old daughter at the time so was devastated when she found out.

She never intended to send the e-mail but found it theurapeutic to write down all her feelings about them.

Imagine her shock and consternation when her ex-husband came round to the house and got into her computer and sent the e-mail to them!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I personally would ignore it, you've done nothing wrong, you made a mistake and if she's going round all the other parents; you want to show your child that you're bigger than that, she's just been rather childish and I'm sure a lot of the parents will be going "Uh huh" in agreement but not really bothered - especially if they know you and how you've helped her?

I'd just shrug it off, you're there so your child can take part in a sport, not to worry about idle gossip over a silly slip of the finger. We've all sent a text to someone it was about anyway... IMO she needs to grow up and face the responsibility, she had a child who likes the sport, if she can't put aside time to take him then she should look at herself, if there is something she cannot get out of she should rely on family and not expect favours that aren't deserved or at least offer you something in way of a thank you.

I did a trial day a few weeks ago and apparently the girl who I was working alongside didn't take a liking to me - I was there for a job, not to make friends and besides she knew nothing about dogs (not that I'm an expert) I just shrugged it off when the others told me about it. I don't need people in my life like that.

Cheer up, it'll be over before you know it and the plus side is that you don't have to take her child backwards and forwards for her..
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 09:17 AM
I'd ignore it for now. Enjoy the break from having to take yourlad to fottie for a few weeks and try to enjoy what's left of the summer if you can.

When you do see her face to face, be as normal to her as you always have been. If she chooses to speak to you then explain your mistake. But also explain that you don't appreciate being taken advantage of and you really think she could have offered a littel help when you couldn't drive your Son to fottie yourself. Furthermore, you don't appreciate her Son misbehaving or being downright rude when you've been good enough to do her (and him) a favour many times over.
Make sure you stay calm though. You may also need to bite your tongue!

On the other hand, if she chooses to blank you then let her carry on. At the end of the day don't worry yourself about it. let her tie herself up ion knots over it. You are not int he wrong here. You are entitiedl to your opinion and also entitled to voice it.

I doubt very much that she's told the other footie parents that her Sond oesn't behave when in the COmpany of others so maybe you could point out to her that if she hjasn't told people the WHOLE truth, then you will. At least if people know half the story they should know the other half (the truthful half 'cos she's bound to have put some spin on it to make you look bad)!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 11:04 AM
You poor thing, i dread doing the texting the wrong person thing!

Honestly, i'd forget about it now. She's been a little childish going around bitching like that. It won't seem so bad in a few days, when you do see her again just see how things are then. She wasn't a good friend or anything, more of a nuisance by the sounds of it, nothing lost xxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2