View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Makes me utterly insensed that people can be sooo completely thoughtless! If I were running an event where I knew people would do this I would clearly display signs at the entrance and in the car park stating that "if you leave your dog in the car for any length of time the police will be informed and the window of the car WILL be broken to remove the dog who will be then given over to the RSPCA for the owner to be prosecuted for animal cruelty!" Simple as that! *ANGRY!!!!*
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
absolutely shocking,
It was really hot today and I took bruno out early and he spent the rest of the day in the garden with access to water etc. Why take your dog with you if you are going to leave it in the car>
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 09:14 PM
hopefully next year the Game Fair will be better prepared with notices and a creche.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
hopefully next year the Game Fair will be better prepared with notices and a creche.
I'm assured the signs will be printed tonight and displayed all over tomorrow - and yes, hopefully next year the signs will be there from day 1.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
hopefully there will be a dog creche there too?

Many are run by charities so there is no cost to the organiser. The money goes to the charity running them.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
I've come to the conclusion that many people are just thick and the poor dogs are the ones who suffer for it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Well people CHOOSE to ignore warnings, whether it is to do with corn on the cob, cars, balls or sticks.

Despite evidence to the contrary.

I suppose they think they are immune?
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2011, 11:04 PM
I'll never understand why people continue to do it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 11:08 PM
It is human nature.

I am a H & S professional, and for every Lost Time Accident/Serious RIDDOR there are 400 Near Misses.

This is why people continue to water the Christmas tree whilst it is still plugged in; why people continue to get toast out of the toaster with a metal knife whilst it is plugged in; why people play russian roulette with traffic lights.

It is because they get away with it; but sooner or later their luck runs out, on average after 400 times............
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
:.....

There was a silver 4x4 - brand new with black labs in a Lintram cage - they were clawing at the doors of the cage and in an awful state - whilst the Police and several hi-viz jacketed stewards scratching their chins because after several calls the owner hadn't returned and they were worried about smashing the window of a new car!

.....:
Do you know if the dogs were ok? Did they smash the window or did the owner appear?

Awful ... smash the window I say, and let the owners suffer for their foolishness

Wys
x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >