register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What are you views? (PLEASE READ IN-DEPTH, EXPLANATIONS BEFORE VOTING!!)
1) NO - keep them the same! 21 35.59%
2) Just get rid of the top ten box! 14 23.73%
3) Get rid of the top10 box AND the green Squares (but leave details in User CP) 13 22.03%
4) Keep same - but give points to those who have been here longer to make up for lost time. 2 3.39%
5) Get rid of it them together 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 06:54 AM
i say keep the top 10 box and keep the points the same!

i say if people beg for points then azz or the mods should be able to take away points!

I thought the point system was working really well!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 07:15 AM
I voted for no.3 - take away the top ten and the green squares but keep details in the CP

I just feel that you help people because you want to and not because you want to get some public recognition for it although it is nice to know when people appreciate what you say so for me I would be happier if it were kept more private
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Keep it the same please
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 07:19 AM
I dont have a lot of rep points.........I dont post a lot and usually by the time i get to a thread somebody else has helped and often or not the thread is nearly ended anyway..........as long as people get the help and advise they need is all that matters......
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by candie
I don't want rep points abolished but think points should definitely be deducted for pointless posts.I know it'll be hard to judge which are pointless but i'm volunteering to judge that!!lol
IMHO, it's just a bit of fun really as far as points are concerned.

Candie, I like pointless posts sometimes! I think we get far more pointy (Er, I mean meaningful. ) posts than pointless.
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Keep it the same, don't you dare touch my points :smt021
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Ditch them. They don't in my opinion accurately reflect reputation.
  • If someone doesn't post much, but the posts they do make are very helpful then their reputation doesn't reflect their knowledge
  • If someone posts enough meaningless posts then they are bound to pick up more points than would do normally
  • If a group forms they can increase each others reputation by giving points to each other every day
  • If you think a post is helpful why not just say that in the thread? Give the person a boost publically. You can also still PM them. In either case a discussion may follow that is important.
  • Why do we need them? We know who's good and who's not. New members would be unlikely to realise the reputation system exists.
  • Just because someone has a high reputation it doesn't mean the know what they are talking about
  • It discourages people who have a low reputation from taking part
  • If someone makes what they think is a good post and they get no points it discourages them from continuing to take part.
IMO there are just too many flaws

Graeme
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Not bothered either way
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Totally agree with your comments Graeme
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Graeme
Ditch them. They don't in my opinion accurately reflect reputation.
  • If someone doesn't post much, but the posts they do make are very helpful then their reputation doesn't reflect their knowledge
  • If someone posts enough meaningless posts then they are bound to pick up more points than would do normally
  • If a group forms they can increase each others reputation by giving points to each other every day
  • If you think a post is helpful why not just say that in the thread? Give the person a boost publically. You can also still PM them. In either case a discussion may follow that is important.
  • Why do we need them? We know who's good and who's not. New members would be unlikely to realise the reputation system exists.
  • Just because someone has a high reputation it doesn't mean the know what they are talking about
  • It discourages people who have a low reputation from taking part
  • If someone makes what they think is a good post and they get no points it discourages them from continuing to take part.
IMO there are just too many flaws

Graeme
A boost to you in publically for a good post Well said.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »