View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 12:18 PM
ive recently changed from orijen to acana wild prarie due to poor poop consistency and weight loss conversely!

think the protein may have a been a bit too high for sensitive boy on orijen, doing well on acana so far. off to pick up another bag tomorrow.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by janie View Post
I use Arden Grange Sensitive.. fish & potato, which is cereal & grain free. I order it straight from Arden Grange site.. i joined as a breeder () So they send it in plain brown sacks of 15kg for £35. All my 3 dogs love it.
Thanx janie---Thats another one for me to take a look at.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
ive recently changed from orijen to acana wild prarie due to poor poop consistency and weight loss conversely!

think the protein may have a been a bit too high for sensitive boy on orijen, doing well on acana so far. off to pick up another bag tomorrow.
This is what I was thinking myself! Ruby is exercised a lot but she isn't a high energy working dog so I don't want to over do it with a high protein kibble.I have got a bag of Orijen adult 80/20 but she has only had the one meal so I will see how she handles this; its early days yet. I can always try a different one next time if I think it would be more suitable.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
my Flea will not touch Acana.. and his poop and weight are better on the orijen(when he cant be fed raw)
Tupac which of the Acana will Flea not touch and which of the Orijen does he do well on so that I can compere as there seems to be quite a few formulas.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Flea wouldnt touch the Acana pacifica at all! and only really like the puppy one

out of the orijen he does well on their cheapest (adult) and the most expensive! 'regional red'

Flea drops weight easily tho and he needs food with 'oomph' because sometimes he doesnt eat a meal at all.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I fed all my dogs Orijen 6 fish for a time, but we had some varying issues, Oliver had issues with loose stool, regular tummy problems and weight loss, Scout and Zoe gained weight... Mouse was perfectly fine. I switched to Acana Pacifica, which suited Oliver very well, but the fat and protein content was still too high for Scout and Zoe, and Mouse was just fine. So now, after alot of trial and mixing, we've switched all of them on to Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato grain-free LID... Except Mouse now has to be fed double to keep her weight in the normal range, and not scrawney! seriously, that dog needs ALOT of calories! So I do believe I'm going to put Mouse back on Acana... which I did not want to do as I'd like them all on the same food, but she gets a full cup of food a day! She is 8.5 lbs, Oliver is 40lbs, Ollie only gets 2 cups of food a day!!! Boo who is a touch heavier than Mouse at 9.5 lbs gets 1/2 of what Mouse gets!

Mouse is odd in so many ways!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:57 PM
for Tupac i also like burns pork n tatti (but only that one out of the burns range)

that and sardine f4d
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post

Hi where do you get the acana from?
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I fed all my dogs Orijen 6 fish for a time, but we had some varying issues, Oliver had issues with loose stool, regular tummy problems and weight loss, Scout and Zoe gained weight... Mouse was perfectly fine. I switched to Acana Pacifica, which suited Oliver very well, but the fat and protein content was still too high for Scout and Zoe, and Mouse was just fine. So now, after alot of trial and mixing, we've switched all of them on to Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato grain-free LID... Except Mouse now has to be fed double to keep her weight in the normal range, and not scrawney! seriously, that dog needs ALOT of calories! So I do believe I'm going to put Mouse back on Acana... which I did not want to do as I'd like them all on the same food, but she gets a full cup of food a day! She is 8.5 lbs, Oliver is 40lbs, Ollie only gets 2 cups of food a day!!! Boo who is a touch heavier than Mouse at 9.5 lbs gets 1/2 of what Mouse gets!

Mouse is odd in so many ways!
Good grief I'm in a fair old spin after reading all that.

There's a good amount of choice out there. I'll see how she does on the Orijen first now that I have got it then take it from there. The only time Ruby has been fed kibble was by the breeder when she was a puppy and she is 19 months now. When I put the kibble in her bowl she didn't know what to do with it but once she got the hang of eating it she woofed it down. She seemed to enjoy it so providing all goes well it's going to be a great back up for the occasions it's inconvenient to feed raw.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanx all for your input.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >