Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
what supermarkets do you have near you? as i know farmfoods and iceland also do £1 a bag frozen veg.
I live in Israel and there are not any supermarkets like Iceland or others in the UK selling value vegetables, frozen or otherwise, and not having a car and having to get a taxi to come from town to take me to a supermarket I only go once in a blue moon to stock up my freezer. Online shopping would not help me as when I do go to a shopping centre I take the opportunity to visit whatever other stores there are apart from the supermarket.

There is a little shop on the Moshav but it is very limited with both fresh and frozen vegetables. However it does not require a taxi to get there as it is only across the road and I can just go across on my scooter.

MerlinsMum and rueben. Thank you for the information about pulses. I just thought it would be an idea to give Pereg some occasionally as I always have cooked ones in the freezer for myself. It is not so much a matter of giving Pereg lots of different vegetables, more to save myself a bit of the extra work that is involved in cooking for her now.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I live in Israel and there are not any supermarkets like Iceland or others in the UK selling value vegetables, frozen or otherwise, and not having a car and having to get a taxi to come from town to take me to a supermarket I only go once in a blue moon to stock up my freezer. Online shopping would not help me as when I do go to a shopping centre I take the opportunity to visit whatever other stores there are apart from the supermarket.

There is a little shop on the Moshav but it is very limited with both fresh and frozen vegetables. However it does not require a taxi to get there as it is only across the road and I can just go across on my scooter.

MerlinsMum and rueben. Thank you for the information about pulses. I just thought it would be an idea to give Pereg some occasionally as I always have cooked ones in the freezer for myself. It is not so much a matter of giving Pereg lots of different vegetables, more to save myself a bit of the extra work that is involved in cooking for her now.
sorry didnt even notice that
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
sorry didnt even notice that
Not to worry - it is easily missed!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2