Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 11:03 AM
my sack of burns has just arrived so here goes .......lol
deester
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2005, 11:17 AM
I feed all mine on Aurtarky. Find the light Aurtarky is very good for controling weight. Aurtarky cat was the only one that suited all our three cats, they seem to have very delicate tummies and we did try burns. But think both foods are very good.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 11:19 AM
You know my views on Burns Inca, my dogs love it and Daisy who was overweight has lost quite a bit since being on the Burns High Oats, my adults are on it and my pups are weaned onto it. Never had an upset tummy using it either.

Plus if you're a breeder and you already buy your food direct you get the advantage of the free puppy packs with a 2kg bag of mini-bites per puppy, then each bag of food the new owners order over the first year you get same Free of Charge.......excellent scheme!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Good luck Inca I can't speak highly enough of Burns for those choosing to feed complete. My vet is amazed at Amy's great condition considering her age and the serious of her heart condition..he says had she been a fat dog she would have died long ago...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
My dad has been feeding his Autarky and has commented about how much weight his has put on as well ....just interested to see how we get on with burns..........
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I like to keep my dogs lean especially when growing. I used to have Dora[ Dorset Olde Tyme Bulldogge] on Burns and she was getting a bit too ribby. I spoke to Burns and they advised me to feed slightly more, but the only thing this did was produce more waste. After reading a few comments on Autarky i thought i would give it a go and have'nt looked back since. She is in great condition and full of life. I feed Autarky in the morning and a raw diet in the evening but as it has already been said all dogs are not the same and it is whatever suits them. I find this diet works well and this is what i feed my American Bulldog aswell but instead of Autarky for breakfast i feed Natural Choice WholeBake as this is what suits him....Cheers...Ian..
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Do believe Burns to be an excellent food but having tried it for 12 months I went back to A. G. as all my dogs lost not just weight but muscle condition too. Even the Burns rep. said it just does not suit some dogs so if after a reasonable trial you are not content with your dogs condition, try something else. My dogs loved Burns but if I increased the amount to try to get the body back on they got the trots.

Do not think there is any such thing as the perfect food for all dogs you have to find the one that suits your dog and the way you wish or have to live your life and the amount you can afford.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 09:01 PM
I couldn't recommend Burns highly enough, I wish I'd changed years ago. Pickles has always been a fussy eater but since changing him to Burns his dish is always clean at the end of dinner now!
He is actually starting to put weight on but that's just cos I'm so used to him eating very little I never measure his food out, which I've now started to do.
It is expensive but worth every penny and since Pic only weighs 11lbs I don't mind. Have to say there's a lot less waste and he doesn't fart half as much now, what a blessed relief!
Also should add I've been giving him ND too for the last fortnight and he loves this too, I've never know him eat so well.
Only problem I have now is when I feed him I keep retching as the smell of Burns Fish and Rice and ND is disgusting! The things we do for our dogs!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Found Autarky excellent.The only problem I had was keeping the weight OFF
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >