Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I think it depends. Rupert sighs when settling down for the night or after a good play or training session or something. I don't think that's discontent or being fed up. However, he'll also sigh if he's trying to get me to play or something and I'm busy and tell him to go and lie down. Then he'll stalk off and throw himself down on the floor with a huge hard done by sigh
lol yup exactly what my girl does
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Just wondered if anyone knows or can clarify this please. We had been for an hour n half walk, come back had breakfast n my dog went to settle down on the sofa. A friend called round and after usual greetings she(dog) settled back down and gave a heavy sigh, my friend said "oh she's fed up isn't she". I always thought that dogs sighing was a sign of contentment
Many thanks
H

LOL - Dexter has a whole array of sighs and they each signify something different.

Big, deep, contented sigh - usually given at four in the morning just after he's jumped onto my bed, shifted around, and finally settled so that his head is resting on my feet.

Quick, short, irritated sigh - given pretty much any time we tell him 'no' to anything.

Weary, resigned sigh - when he's waiting for me to finish preparing his food or get ready to go out for a walk.

And finally the anti social sigh - a very definite, very loud sigh that he gives when he does not wish to share the sofa or be touched and anyone sits beside him and tries to pet him!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2