Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 12:26 PM
She is gorgeous and sounds really sweet. I wish I could take her

Please keep us posted, and I really hope she finds a loving home.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
She's beautiful, I really hope she gets a forever home. She would be welcome here if she was sure of other dogs (and OH changed his mind about having another dog)
she is fine with other dogs, just doesn't know how to play with them, i am going to go along and meet her myself, will update once i have done
Hayley_n_Max
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Aww she is a lovely dog.

I do hope she finds a loving forever home.

Keep us all posted x
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 11:15 AM
well i met layla yesterday, she is a lovely little dog, she isnt very big.

she is very friendly towards people, she can sit and gives a paw very very gently, but it seems this is all she has been taught, loves her food inside ( took her for a quick wander down the street to see how strong she is on a lead using a half check and she ignored the food) pulled a bit, but gave her a couple of checks and the heel command and she walked back into my side, the only time she gave a good pull was when we were approaching mums door and she pulled straight back to it.

the halti that came with her (it wasn't on her but attached to her lead) wouldn't even sit on xeva right it was that small that it left a mark where it had been sitting on xeva's nose so i have no idea how she was walked on that

she doesn't really know her name, you could call her just about anything so long as your voice is light and happy she will come to you.

doesn't really know how to read other dogs body language very well, xeva went straight up to her to which she backed off and barked at her wrinkled nose and everything, so i got xeva to follow me about the garden then layla started to follow, but if xeva approached her from the front layla barked at xeva, and everytime layla barked xeva licked her, then xeva worked out the best way to get layla to play is to run away from her, and they had a good game of chase around the garden

going back along to mums today and going to take ty's harness with me and see if i can get it to fit her and take her over to bellahouston on the long line (although she came with a flexi its the rope one and its medium sized not the large)

gsd rescue scotland have been in touch and mum is waiting on a volounteer getting in touch to come around and assess her ( that was very quick as i only filled out there online quiestionaire on saturday night.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Awwww poor girl.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:54 AM
the volounteer is coming out today to assess layla, she will be going with me tonight to training class aswell, but it seems that this lucky little lady may have found a home... watch this space
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 04:17 PM
She looks lovely to me .......really nice. Hope she has found a home 3 homes in under a year.....poor girl.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Hope she gets a good home soon, poor girl.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Glad to hear the rescue were quick at helping out

I do hope the home materialises, and is just what she is looking for. Please let us know.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:54 AM
mum will be going to do the homecheck on friday and has also signed up to help out with gsd rescue scotland aswell (turns out that if my trainers email wasn't down she would have been the one to come and assess her)

took layla to training with me last night and to start off with she was a bit scared of being around so many bouncy dogs but once we started training and everyone settled a bit she took to it like a duck to water and even made a couple of friends (one of which was a new nervous dog) she recalled off lead down the hall for liver everytime we done one (with someone holding her at the other end of course though) she walked around the hall with me on a gentle leader and wasn't worried about the dogs unless there was one right behind us ( i mean like a step or 2 if it was a little bit further back she didn't bother) she sat when told, she was getting the hang of doing a sit stay, and was even starting to get the hang of going round to heel, infact she done everything bar doing a down, but she would lie down of her own accord when we were not on the floor, she was even walking round tail wagging and joined in the recall race game (the only time she had a bit of a bark was when two youngsters decided to play behind her and i just took her away from them and she settled again)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >