register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Would you return your dog to the rescue it came from?
Yes, definately 10 27.78%
No way 10 27.78%
I would keep the dog but ask the rescue to help me home it 11 30.56%
Undecided 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I would let the rescue help to rehome him but would never allow him to be put into kennels.

However I dont think it would ever happen, he is about to turn 10 and if anything happened to us, then he would go to my inlaws or parents to live out his life as they all love him as a first grandson anyway !
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
I would let the rescue help to rehome him but would never allow him to be put into kennels.

However I dont think it would ever happen, he is about to turn 10 and if anything happened to us, then he would go to my inlaws or parents to live out his life as they all love him as a first grandson anyway !
Or he could come to B'ham and live wih Sal.
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I have just recently been in the awful situation were I found out an owner of a welfare dog I took in and rehabilitated rehomed the dog as a 'rescue' to someone else! After telling them they had spent 6 months caring and training him! It turns out the couple had decided to divorce so could no longer care for the dog.
I only found this out after 2yrs of trying to track them down I found the husband on that popular social networking site! They had signed a contract with me that the dog would be returned if it needed to be rehomed!
I still don't know where this dog is as they are now refusing to give me any information and all I feel is terrible terrible guilt that I have let this poor dog down! I can only hope he is in a good forever home
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:31 PM
What an interesting question!

And really interesting responses. Just the sort of thing I would like to see in Rescue Review.

I wonder if those responsible for the funding and running of rescue shelters/centres knew how people felt - would they make improvements??
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
i voted No Way.

My Bonnie came from a BAD rescue which has been closed down now.

even so, i wouldnt have taken her back there, she would be rehomed within the family IF i ever needed to.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:08 PM
I got Dahlia from a small rescue run by one woman. She's since opted to stop running a rescue (lack of time and a bad situation with parvo puppies). I think she got kind of burned out. I'm sure if she HAD to, she'd take Dahlia back. The contract said she would take her back at any time but that I was allowed to rehome her myself. Honestly, I have a lot of people who adore Dahlia and would take her in a heartbeat if I needed someone to.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I got Lana from a pound for stray dogs rather than a rescue so of course I wouldn't take her there. There is a rescue place in Fife where if I had to give her up I would take her there, but see if I could keep her until they found another home for her. I've said to my son if I die then he should take her there as I know they would do their very best to get her a good forever home, but hopefully neither of those situtations will ever arise and she will be with me until she dies.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Or he could come to B'ham and live wih Sal.
indeed he could. not sure Sal would be that impressed though !!!
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Nope. They were a lot less reputable than they made out to be.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Both my rescues have since passed (from DogsTrust), but if the worst had happened I think Woody would've gone to Lab rescue as they're more likely to get the right home knowing the breed so well. Pickles may well have gone back to DogsTrust, although it doesn't bare thinking about.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >