View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I couldn't imagine not having at least one Boxer in my life, even if we have other breeds as well!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Even though I was a bit reluctant to have a Golden Retriever, as they never did much for me, bit boring, smelly, mud magnets I can honestly say, I could not imagine not having one now

My parents always have at least one GSD, my first dog at 18 was a GSD, and we've had a couple of GSD crosses, so they are also a breed that I can't imagine my life without, brains and beauty in one package.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I had a BC and a Golden Retreiver growing up , but dicovered lurchers and greys only 12months ago , dont think I will ever be without a hound , its a joy to watch them run , they are so snuggly and my lurcher is such a character and so clever, but there are lots of other breeds I would love to own as well tho and many I have discovered through the forum .
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I love my Border Collies - I cannot imagine being without one. I love the looks and the behaviour/attitude etc.

I do like having a different breed to go with them.....and I would like a pure Saarloos.....one day.....maybe......possibly....
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Be owned by a Clumber and it is a life sentence. Stubborn, excitable, strong headed and down right obstinate but I would not change them.

ESS and Cocker (working) and maybe another Lab plus I like the idea of Sussex or Field spaniel but in the end given the choice it would be the CLUMBER

Steve
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I have a Pug x and a labrador.

I have lurchers in the past and would love another, or a greyhound or a whippet, or even an italian greyhound. A friend of mine has a pup and it is probably the most beautiful delicate little thing I have ever seen!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:29 PM
They do say about Belgian Shepherds that you would either never have another one, or never have another breed.

I'm in the latter category and on my second already!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Absolutely!! Can't see me not having a dobe now, clever, loving, sense of humour, playful, cheeky, protective yet sociable, affectionate. When moving and running he can take breath away, all that strength/stamina/power and looks so elegant with it.

There are other breeds I like but I really cannot see my next dog not being a dobe or having another breed without having a dobe too.
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd certainly have another greyhound as they seem to suit me well were both laidback, like lazing about and not walking miles & miles, i can't really imagine not having one about now. I think they are beautiful , very graceful and I could be tempted to add a lurcher or other sighthound in future. I have a soft spot for staffy's also but they might be a bit too active, i don't really know much about the breed but have liked friends.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Absolutely!! Can't see me not having a dobe now, clever, loving, sense of humour, playful, cheeky, protective yet sociable, affectionate. When moving and running he can take breath away, all that strength/stamina/power and looks so elegant with it.

There are other breeds I like but I really cannot see my next dog not being a dobe or having another breed without having a dobe too.
I have a lasting memory of seeing two incredible Dobes on a walk in rural Lancashire years ago. They were in fantastic condition, with lovely shiny coats and were running free. The moment their young lady owner whistled they both turned and flew back to her and sat in front of her, waiting for their next command. I remember just thinking "wow"! I remember being mightily impressed
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »