View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 05:01 PM
thats what i will say next time we take tob.........hes little when wet.
last time the vet said no more.66 but the average is 70 upto 80. so i think i got 1 that doesn't know leos very well.
must admit it doesn't do them any good,when we took on my grans dog a collie x he was over 30 kg,all we did was change his food.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Helena

Once you cut the food intake-you will soon notice the weight comming off him! I know its hard to resist them everso sad begging eyes when your eating dinner,but as the vet said to my sis once about her dog-you are killing her with kindness!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Ah, glad to hear he is okay Helena and I know how hard it is to not feed them. Both your dogs have a good mum. I can't resist and always save a small morsel for Loki.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Brilliant news on Georgie...you have done wonders for him....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
pglad gerogie is ok hunny, big hug to u
Thanks for the hugs Hayley, I told him that's all he'll be getting now instead of Bonio's!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Hi Helena

Once you cut the food intake-you will soon notice the weight comming off him! I know its hard to resist them everso sad begging eyes when your eating dinner,but as the vet said to my sis once about her dog-you are killing her with kindness!!!
Yeah I know Steve, but he isn't thatbig or is he??!! I will try to resist them eyes!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Ah, glad to hear he is okay Helena and I know how hard it is to not feed them. Both your dogs have a good mum. I can't resist and always save a small morsel for Loki.
Thanks L.S. you have no problem with Loki, and that's how Georgie will look when he's slimmed down, and I told him he gotta run faster now alongside me in the mornings - and I'm gonna have to pedal harder too!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
Brilliant news on Georgie...you have done wonders for him....
Thanks Moli, he was pretty bad when I first got him and I too was at the vets every week with him for steroids and antibiotics, but not since Christmas, so I think my good points outweigh my bad ones on this
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Yeah I know Steve, but he isn't thatbig or is he??!! I will try to resist them eyes!
As you well know,GSD's are very hairy dogs and always look bigger than they actually are.The one i used to look after for a friend looked a huge boy (long haired type),but when i bathed him-he immediately lost atleast half of his width!

To tell the truth,I've never ever seen an overweight GSD because they seem to self regulate their size due to being energetic dogs.I know your vet said he is 7kgs heavier than the previous owners had him,but could this be due to better diet and regular excercise-muscle weighs 2.5 times as much as fat.

At the end of the day,you his owner know him better than anyone else-so do you think he is overweight???
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Georgie porgie pudding and pie.......don't you listen to the nasty vet man saying your a tubbs, you are boooteeeful handsome dude :smt007 :smt049

Big kisses & hugs from Aunty Steph xx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >