View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
The Lakes? My Mum's family is from up there and I just love it. Loads of wandering areas, haven't been for a while though.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
There's a good chance they were inebriated!

Seriously though, it is lovely up here. Although I'd choose North Yorks over Co. Durham any day, just personal preference though! Osmotherley is a fab little place, great for walking. Just been there today and am going to put some pics up shortly.

For me though, the ideal doggy holiday will always be The Lakes, I've never been on holiday anywhere so dog friendly in my life.
Try Derbyshire
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Try Derbyshire
Have tried Derbyshire and while it was lovely, I much prefer the North of the country tbh.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I visit the Peak District regularly, it's on my doorstep so not a place I would choose to holiday, it would be too much like a Busmans holiday!

I've finally decided on the Conwy area of North Wales. I've been to Llandudno and surrounding areas a few times so know whats in the vicinity but this time i'll be looking at it from a different angle since for me it's a hiking type of holiday.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
There's a good chance they were inebriated!

Seriously though, it is lovely up here. Although I'd choose North Yorks over Co. Durham any day, just personal preference though! Osmotherley is a fab little place, great for walking. Just been there today and am going to put some pics up shortly.

For me though, the ideal doggy holiday will always be The Lakes, I've never been on holiday anywhere so dog friendly in my life.
I have to agree that the Lakes is a fab place (well, I am from there so I would say that) - great walks, dog friendly hotels by the dozen, scenery to die for - but ... it gets so busy nowadays and there are also so many sheep that I am not sure I would say it is the most dog friendly destination available. But, then again, my vote would by for the Scottish Borders or Highlands, and both are probably too far for Leanne anyway
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I visit the Peak District regularly, it's on my doorstep so not a place I would choose to holiday, it would be too much like a Busmans holiday!

I've finally decided on the Conwy area of North Wales. I've been to Llandudno and surrounding areas a few times so know whats in the vicinity but this time i'll be looking at it from a different angle since for me it's a hiking type of holiday.
Hope you have a lovely time. Have you booked anywhere to stay yet? I lived in North Wales for all of two weeks a few years back However, I also visited for quite a few months before making the move. If you stay anywhere near Mold (although I think that is Clwyd rather than Conwy - but not that far away!) then do the walks up Moel Famau, Moel Siabod and there is a great forest type walk at Loggerheads Country Park
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Yes, I have booked somewhere to stay, it has a secure garden and allows 3 dogs. Not quite as rural as i'd like but I have to consider my Mum who wants some shops and that close by.

I shall make a note of the places you mentioned and there was also some pictures somebody on here posted of a walk they did in North Wales, it looked stunning, so i'll have to find that thread.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2011, 03:35 PM
We are taking the dogs (& my mother!) to Wales in July. I think you may be a bit further north than us, we are staying about 6 miles north of Porthmadog.

Hope you have a great time.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 05:54 PM
We have been to that part of North Wales a lot. Luthien the Lleyn Penninsula is beautiful and the tourist information places will let you have a list of the dog friendly and not friendly beaches. It's a beautiful place.

Leanne, you will be relatively close to Snowden and Beddgelert, Beddgelert is such a pretty place and the dog story is so sad. You are also close to the beaches of Anglesey (and places). Hope you have a fab time.

You will pass close to Mold and Moel Famau on your way I would imagine. It would be a good detour to walk the dogs, if you park up in the Moel Famau car park it takes about 2 hours to get up and down (depending on how long you stay at the top.) You can then go to Loggerheads for the loos and an icecream (although there are loos at the Moel Famau car park they are not so nice)... there are sheep around at certain times of the year. Great views though.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It's the first time the dogs have ever been on holiday (except for 3 days in Suffolk when I gatecrashed my Mum and Dad's holiday!) and I think they're gonna love it and of course I am too.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2