View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:46 PM
My two eat grass but it has to be a particular type of grass and as for the new spring grass well, it's like having a couple of goats. Luckily the fields I walk them through are organic so no risk of nasties on the grass.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Georgie grazes like a horse on fresh spring grass, he always has, he's never thrown up after, and it's a very hard job moving him on coz he just wants to eat and eat and eat it!

Zena has never eaten grass! Cassie would only eat grass if she felt sick and then she'd always throw up, and once, when she was feeling very, very sick, she was obsessed with going out into the garden to eat it, she was quite paranoid about it. Dogs always know best, so I just let them eat it.

If they eat a lot, like Cassie did that time, it can be quite disgusting when it makes its way out t'other end, because you have to literally "pull" it out!!! Yuk! The poo turns very dark too!

My two do that as well and agree with the 'pull it out' yuk !!
Luckily its not all year round !
Kelius
New Member!
Female 

21-01-2011, 11:33 PM
My dog eats a lot of grass, it worries me lately as it seems more regular. Have just been out and bought him some vitamins as he is getting older now, so hopefully they will ease the need to do it a little. And maybe will help his skin condition and stop him scratching for hours in the middle of the night!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Why do some dogs eat grass?
....because they can.

Len's a grazer and it's never done him any harm. He just likes it..... especially the dew-soaked first thing in the morning kind.

Squiggs
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
My dog doesn't eat grass but she does eat certain green leaves, strawberry leaves seem to be her favorite, which will very quickly cause her to be sick. When I say sick it's only leaves and bile but she can do this up to three times a week usually in the mornings.
There seems to be no reason for her doing this (I've changed food, feeding times, exercise times etc, etc) ... and have eventually put it down to a self induced indigestion cure.
I am concerned however that as she has done this from a pup for nearly 5 years making herself vomit as many as three times a week can't be doing her any good in the long term.
hopkinss12
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I've heard all the theories about why dogs eat grass - to make them sick, because they are lacking something in their diet.
My two labs eat grass regularly, especially in the spring when it is fresh and green. I'm convinced it's just because it tastes nice.
They have never been sick from it and how can they possibly know that they are short of something. They are on a good quality food which has all the vitamins and minerals they need.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-02-2011, 07:07 PM
mine does it before he goes to the toilet lmao, it's like watching a cow grazing then when he's happy and had the toilet he plods back in with it sticking out of his mouth lol.
kate11
New Member!
Female 

10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
ruby eats grass when she has a dodgey tummy chucks up and leaves a lovely mess!

fancy chewing on grass! cant be that tasty? lol

kate n ruby
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2