Female 

23-12-2010, 07:55 AM
congtates to you
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:19 PM
congratulations

the only thing i can think of is dogs with kids, id get used to walking them with the pram. you know so they learn where the wheels are and not to get under them, or to pull the buggy when the baby is in it. its definately safer when there is no baby to start off with!

also maybe try holding a doll, and doing other things around the house and the dogs with the doll in your arms so they get used to you having something in your arms that may make a noise they find interesting. maybe getting them used to quiet time, or staying away from a baby mat on the floor...

just suggestions, i dont have kids, but on a few of the programs ive seen these have always been things that have been done.

congratulations
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Huge Congratulations xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
congratulations

the only thing i can think of is dogs with kids, id get used to walking them with the pram. you know so they learn where the wheels are and not to get under them, or to pull the buggy when the baby is in it. its definately safer when there is no baby to start off with!

also maybe try holding a doll, and doing other things around the house and the dogs with the doll in your arms so they get used to you having something in your arms that may make a noise they find interesting. maybe getting them used to quiet time, or staying away from a baby mat on the floor...

just suggestions, i dont have kids, but on a few of the programs ive seen these have always been things that have been done.

congratulations
Above sounds like really good advice. Congratulations and have a lovely pregnancy
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Congratulations!!!!
lwatson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Congratulations.

Is it jealousy you are worried about or your dog biting etc?

My niece is due in April and I loaned her my daughters crying/laughing doll. She has been walking around the house with it and placing it in the pram etc and getting her one ESS used to the noises etc.

Thinking back we never worried what Holly (RIP) was going to be like when our daughter was born and thankfully she was ok as we still gave her time to play and walk her and give her chews etc.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Congratulations x
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Congratulations, must be very exciting. Regarding babies and children, I think the advice so far had been great, I'd add getting them used to baby your, etc too.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Congratulations

My advise would be to not worry People make such a huge drama out of preparing the dog etc when 9 times out of 10 they are worrying needlessly. I have brought all my babies into the house with no fuss or drama and the dogs have had a quick sniff and that has been that
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Congratulations

My advise would be to not worry People make such a huge drama out of preparing the dog etc when 9 times out of 10 they are worrying needlessly. I have brought all my babies into the house with no fuss or drama and the dogs have had a quick sniff and that has been that
I would agree with this, dont worry about it and all should be fine/

Do you have specific concerns regarding the one dog??

My dog was/is fab with both my kids and just accepted it both occassions and we did nothing special.

Congrats and hope pregnancy all goes well
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >