Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi Jenny,

I, too, think you can teach an old dog new tricks..... they just take a little longer to "get it" - bless

Hope you are feeling ok, honey

Huge hugs x0x0x
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I agree with most of the replies , not having had mine from pups I think training is more challenging but I think giving them time to settle , feel loved and build trust then you can work through most things and maybe have to compromise on others. Tom learned all the basic commands very quickly , Bella is good too but I dont think I will ever get her to sit on command despite the fact as a grey she can sit , she just chooses not to ! I think the most important thing with an older dog is that you know you can make sure that you can be safe with other dogs and at home and know how to manage them so eveyone including the dogs lives in harmony !
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I started heelwork to music when Parker was 8 and he picked it up very quickly but he is very food motivated and we had previously trained in agility and obedience.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2