Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Very sweet horse Jessica
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Gorgeous horse Jessica, is he Connemara? He doesn't look fat, he looks just like he should do at this time of the year, wonderful!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks everyone

Helena - Yes, he's a Connemara, brought over from Ireland for me! He probably just looks fat to me as usually at this time of year he would have done a winter of Showjumping and at least a couple of months of cross country so he's very,very fit. But i havent been able to ride him much since before Christmas so he's just been eating and getting no exercise! He's not complaining though!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Jessica
Thanks everyone

Helena - Yes, he's a Connemara, brought over from Ireland for me! He probably just looks fat to me as usually at this time of year he would have done a winter of Showjumping and at least a couple of months of cross country so he's very,very fit. But i havent been able to ride him much since before Christmas so he's just been eating and getting no exercise! He's not complaining though!!
Is he what they'd term an Irish Sport Horse then, I really do like him, but I'm biased as mine was Irish Draughtxtb 7/8, don't know whether you've seen my pic posted yesterday? I like the Irish horses, they are certainly the best jumpers aren't they - don't know what went wrong with mine though, probably cockpit error!!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 11:40 AM
I guess you could call him that, though he's only little so theres a limit to what he can jump obviously. The biggest i've ever attempted on him Cross Country was 3'6 and that was for the England Teams so it was a bit of an exception. I tend to just stick around 3ft cross country and no more than about 4ft show jumping. Though as we've both had a few injuries we dont do much now, other than hacking and the occassional cross country course!

The Irish ones certainly are the best jumpers! I wouldnt have any other horse now!! Charlie, as a 3 year old, when i got him had done a season hunting over in Ireland and im sure you can imagine what he'd have been jumping then!! He's so good, he'll literally jump anything!

You horse was lovely by the way, i've just had a look at him! He had a lovely big jump Im sorry to hear you lost him I lost my little 13.2 pony just a month before Charlie arrived and i was heartbroken. She was 26 years old when she died and still jumping and doing cross country! She'd have carried on going too but she had a brain tumour that killed her.. Its so sad losing them..
Ooh, and i have an injury list similar to yours... Not all with one horse though! You're very brave
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 11:46 AM
he is lovely, i like the irish draughts as well, they are good all rounders, but must admit my favourite breeds are shires, clyesdales and at a recent horse show saw some fresions, never heard of that breed thought they were cows, but they were beautiful.

mandie
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2