Sorry to hear this.
Glad she is recovering now.
xxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Massive hugs for our princess!!! Poor baby.
Thanks Claire xx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Poor girl Sorry the weaning didnt work but she couldn't be in better hands xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi J, so glad she's OK now, I think you summed it up well that with past episodes behind you now it's easier to handle.

The medication looks like it should stay as it was. It would (in theory) be better if she came off the phenobarb but if she has to take it continuously then so be it.

I think you've handled the whole situation so well right from the beginning, and don't know what I would have done that first time, it must have been so scary.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Poor girl Sorry the weaning didnt work but she couldn't be in better hands xx
Thanks Lorna xx

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi J, so glad she's OK now, I think you summed it up well that with past episodes behind you now it's easier to handle.

The medication looks like it should stay as it was. It would (in theory) be better if she came off the phenobarb but if she has to take it continuously then so be it.

I think you've handled the whole situation so well right from the beginning, and don't know what I would have done that first time, it must have been so scary.
Thanks Harvey. Yes, we think it should stay the way it is too. It's just effecting her liver slightly. She is on meds to combat that though. The first time was a nightmare that's for sure.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I was interested to read about your dog as one of mine has epilepsy too and is on 1.5 tablets (45 mg) twice a day but I would like to reduce his dosage eventually if possible. Was the motivation behind you trying to reduce Cassie's dosage that she had been okay on the previous amount or was it because her liver was being affected? I'm sorry to hear that she had another fit.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Not good that she has had a fit........but as you said at least you know where you are up to with her meds......sending some hugs nonetheless...they are so precious to us.....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I was interested to read about your dog as one of mine has epilepsy too and is on 1.5 tablets (45 mg) twice a day but I would like to reduce his dosage eventually if possible. Was the motivation behind you trying to reduce Cassie's dosage that she had been okay on the previous amount or was it because her liver was being affected? I'm sorry to hear that she had another fit.
The motivation was the liver. She is on Zentonil to combat the effects but there is still some minor increase in the damage. Cassie is on the same dosage as yours but we do one 3 times a day. Unfortunately the only way to test the dosage is decrease it and see what happens.

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Not good that she has had a fit........but as you said at least you know where you are up to with her meds......sending some hugs nonetheless...they are so precious to us.....
Thanks Rachel. They certainly are precious to us. xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Peaceful night here so John will ring the vet when they open.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Back to upping the meds again then. No other way of finding out, unfortunately.

Big love from us and the gingers hon..... xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >