Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Zeff can be a bit like that....although he is getting better at eating - I had to play 'flick the kibble' for a while to get him into it!
lol i suppose its more interesting than it just being sat in the bowl!! Duke will eat if i hide his food round the house and play find it
Reddog
New Member!
Female 

26-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi there,
I'm new to Dogsey so interested to read these threads as I've got a new pup and am looking for a good food.

Have just ordered some small packs of Barking Heads, Wafcol Salmon and Fish4Dogs to try and have tried Berrimans (it made Bertie fart!) which seemed ok but he got bored with it so I had to add an organic stock cube with warm water to improve its palatability. I'm a bit worried about salt content in the stock cube (I also smear a bit of Marmite and Peanut butter on chew toys too which I'm not sure about either). His weight has been really good on the Berrimans though - he's 4 months now and is putting on about 1 kg a week. He's a solid chap but not at all fat - his feet are massive so he's going to be a tall boy

Will report on my findings on the other foods.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I've fed Cherry and Parker on "Barking Heads" sensitive (Salmon) as per advice from vet about changing source of carbohydrate and protein in food when she had an "Itchy-scratchy" episode. They both liked it very much and good quality ingredients.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-11-2010, 10:29 AM
would agree with all the above

the top 3 dog foods for me are

1 fish 4 dogs (I don't buy it due to the price)
2 arden grange (which i use)
3 barking heads (great stuff, a little low on protein so you need to supplement a little)

wouldn't really consider anything else imo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2