Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
well why not bake it and freeze it? You can make one big batch and then freeze it in small amounts so you can defrost a couple of days' worth at a time. You can do the same if you make it into liver cake.
Thanks Fiona I cooked him some last night, cut it into strips and then baked it until it was really hard, he tested it for me and thought it was scrummy...it's in the fridge now so I will pack it into smaller bags and pop into the freezer.

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Plenty in the Arden Grange, Burns, James Wellbeloved, fish4dogs ranges etc....

But you can always make your own treats, of course. I make treats from tuna, salmon and liver and, as of tonight, trout.

The tuna and salmon onces are flapjack type treats with oats, apple, carrot, water, cottage cheese which is low fat (you can also add low fat hard cheese if you like), loads of garlic and herbs. All mixed together, backed and cut up.

The liver cake I make is just lambs liver, flour, eggs, water and again loads of garlic and herbs. Blended and then baked.

All of the above freezes well - I freeze it in batches - and lasts a few days or so in the fridge. They are also quick to make.

I'm paranoid about Molly's weight and can't stand seeing fat dogs who are able enough not to be overweight - I hate it! So, this is why I'm always now looking for tasty, but low fat, treats for Molly for training.
Thanks Nic I popped out yesterday and got him some of the fish4dogs treats, he has the fish cubes and the biscuits...he seems to like them just as much as the naughty tripe sticks.

I will see how he gets on with them but also look at the other options so he has a varied selection.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2