View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Also, from your comment about you loving Staffies but your girlfriend loving Huskies, remember that a crossbreed won't necessarily be a perfect mix of the two. Would you be just as happy with a dog that had 100% husky characteristics, or would you prefer a dog that was more Staffie like? Equally, would your girlfriend be disappointed if the pup turned out to look and act very Staffie like? We adopted Kiki because she was part GSD - GSDs being mine and my mum's breed. Have to say you wouldn't have a clue there was any GSD in there really, she's just a slightly smaller Rottie with a longer snout! It worked out for us because we were avoiding a purebred GSD at the time, as it wasn't that long after having our previous GSD put down and we didn't want a constant reminder of her, but it was certainly a new experience as she has lots of un-GSD like traits. Once I was in the position to get a second dog, I adopted a purebred GSD and it made me realise how much I missed all of their typical traits.
Lookswise you could end up with anything - this dog is kind of cute but its head does look a little odd
http://www.dogchat.co.uk/jake-%E2%80...erian-husky-2/
Also I'd be worried that you may end up with some pups that were long legged Staffies and then that may bring the risk of your dog being classed as a Pitbull type
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I would say at least 8 weeks is definately best!
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Yes 8 weeks seems to be the best age although Dillon was 7 1/2 weeks old when we had him, That was because we could only pick him up on a Sunday and I could not wait them extra days.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 12:02 PM
A 6weeks a pup is still learning from its mum. 8weeks is the earliest a responsible breeder will let go, some will even keep till 12weeks depending on breed.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
When we were looking for a puppy we visited a litter and were told "they are 7weeks old, you can take one home with you now if you want, the first one went a week ago".......
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2