Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Another question.

When I take him outside to his patch of grass how long do I give him to ''do his business''?
sarah0126
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:47 AM
If he hasn't been for a while I'd probable wait as long as it takes, have the treat at the ready though, he will soon learn the quicker he does it the quicker the treat will apear.
I wouldn't stand there and make it obvious your watching him though, maybe pretend to do some gardening but keep an eye on him.
vgstar44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 11:47 AM
What i do is leave him out for 10 mins or so if its through the day...If he hasnt done his buisness i put him in his crate and then take him out again after 10 mins. I found if i didnt put him in his crate he would end up doing it in the house. Slowly but surley the time between peeing gets longer over time. It feels like your never gonna get it but it does eventually happen.

I dont have any newspaper or puppy pads in the crate either. I didnt want to send him mixed messages that its ok to dfo that in there.

Our little one sometimes cries when we first put him in at night. i leave him tho with a small light on and he soons settles after 10 mins. Any cries in the middle of the night tho just whip him out and then straight back into the crate when he does his buisness.

Hope this helps a bit
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks it is all helping.................
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Forth night with Theo.

Last pee at 10.30 dry and quiet all night, I got up at 6.30 took him out for a pee and a poo.

Dry bed and all is good.
vgstar44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Woohoo!!

Welle done Theo and you

long may it continue
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2