View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Brilliant! I am so happy tp hear you two finally got together and that Mish's help and advice has been invaluable Onwards and upwards now Irena
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Well done to all.
Mish you could become Dogsey's agony aunt and answer all our problems lol
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Excellent result, well done all of you.

rune
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Opps Again.
Thanks everyone for the comments & thanks to for Irena with following through the advice, not easy.
Tala is a fantastic dog & my god stunning in the fleash,Id love her.

I really hope youve turnedthe corner with her & it continues to get stronger & stronger, she really is worth it!

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
You'll need to organise a training day at this rate Mish. I'm going to send you Princess Cassie too, she definitely needs to be taught some manners when she's going out the door and crossing roads...Psycho puppy at 6 years old!!!

OH says she needs to be sent to the equivalent of 'Young, dumb and living off mum'
Lol see my siggy, obedience dogs not obedient dogs! she would fit in well!

Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Lol Mish is awesome, when I have enough funds the wife and I shall be booking you to help us sort out Chase, he's an angel, with a ridiculous amount of nerves unfortunately - particularly hates men after the builders next door all summer
that i can do!

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Well done to all.
Mish you could become Dogsey's agony aunt and answer all our problems lol
oh really? half the time on here no one listens!!!!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

oh really? half the time on here no one listens!!!!

Perhaps they will now!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Excellent as soon as we have enough dosh we shall send you a message
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 03:16 PM
i'm saving up! it'll cost us a fortune to get down to you but I think it would be worth it... with the distance and all we should camp for the week and have a lesson every day!!! You can look at Oliver - beautiful heelwork but zero set exercises!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

Tala is a difficult bitch in away & needs abit of thinking "outside" the box.Shes actually very well trained by Irena- just a few creases to iron out!

Haveyou tryed clicking the ball drop?

No, I really couldn't get into this clicking business, I like the kind of training I'm used to I'm afraid

Its not a leave,as shes already got i t, try teaching "drop it".

The trouble here is Mish, I like to use my drop it command for dire emergencies, such as she picks something up that I want her to instantly drop, which I know she would if I said "drop it" in the right tone of voice, so I'm a bit loathe to use that command for an everyday occurance (again, it's a "me" thing!)

Isthe ball on a rope?
Yes, most of the time.
have you tryed the techinque " Hand in collar& relaxtherabbit"
I don't quite know what this means, but I think I do When we go to agility and the trainer knows how hard it is to get that ball off Zena when she's tugging the other end, and yet when I sit her quietly in front of each obstacle, I reach into her mouth, and I say in a nice, calm, quiet voice "give mummy the ball" and she instantly releases it!!! It's all so weird isn't it!!! The trainer always says to me "well done for getting that ball" but you see I know I can have it when I've got to, i.e. when it's rolled in dog poo or thick mud or something I always want it back to clean it, and she gives it up, but maybe it's just the way I say it at those times, rather like you're telling me here, the hold the collar thing and yet I don't hold the collar. She just changes from being obsessed, focused on the blooming thing, when she KNOWS, I really do want it. Maybe it's all part of her game, and I'm sure it's all down to all those tuggy games we've played, but then again, haven't they all paid off with all the other training to get this fantastic focus!!! Hey ho! Thanks Mish.

So sorry Talassie to encrouch on your thread like this but I wanted to answer Mish.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:45 PM
this would be a PERFECT thing to try to clicker.go on experiment!!!!

But if not:

My way to get bally on rope out of dogs mouth. Hand in dogs collar, on side of neck, back of hand next to dogs neck, palm of hand facing you. put exposed palm of hand on your leg, hold rope , DO NOT PULL ROPE, push your hand harder & harder into your leg, relax your hand on rope

Try it!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh thanks for that Mish, and no, I never knew about this hand on collar business, I'm definitely going to give that a try (and another try, and another try lol!). If it fails (which it won't when I do the calm and definite thing with Zena), then I'll definitely try that clicker, you never know it might just be the making of us for future problems, it's definitely worth a go! Thanks!!

ETA: That remedy has now gone out the window...... next step, the clicker!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2